I want to control the nixie tube with Arduino via 74141.
So I have :
High voltage boost converter with 3 inputs
- VIN - connected to + on my DC12V power source
- GND connected to - on my DC power source
- SHDN connected to - on my DC power supply
- HV - 180V connected to the Anode of the Nixie tube
- GND - currently not connected (and here I need help)
Arduino powered by Power bank
Chip 74141 connected to
- arduino via 4 digital pins (to send binary representation of the digit to be display by the nixie) and also GND and 5v of arduino
- Nixie via 10 pins representing each possible digit (chip should send GND to the selected pin)
My question is where in this setup should be the GND Output from the boost convertor be connected. Should it be connected with GND of the arduino
Any help would be greatly appreciated.