rfid.write(0x02);
}
void loop(){
if (rfid.available())
Serial.print(rfid.read(),HEX);

if (Serial.available())
rfid.write(Serial.read());

}

But I’ve not any result in Arduino IDE Serial Monitor.
I hope that you can help me, thanks in advance.

TXD on the sensor should go to RX on the microcontroller. The sensor is transmitting this signal and the microcontroller is receiving it.

Thank you @MrMark for your answer.

The new connections are the following:
Arduino || Sensor Pin
GND - PIN 1 (GND)
5V - PIN 2 (VDC)
RX0 - PIN 4 (TXD)

But still no valid result in the serial monitor

Bottom right on the serial monitor, dialog box: is the number in that box 9600 or something else?

Yes, thanks, the data rate is equal to 9600 baud.
I'm afraid that the problem could be in the code, I wish to see on the monitor the code of my cat RFID chip, that is at 134.2kHz frequency

Your picture shows a Mega... No need for softwareserial
Connect both RX and TX-lines to reader
(Serial speed can differ from Serial1 speed)

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println("Seriale:\n");
Serial1.begin(9600); // speed for Rfid-reader @ pins 18/19 - verify correct speedsetting
Serial1.write(0x02);  
}
void loop(){
  if (Serial1.available())
    Serial.print(Serial1.read(),HEX);

if (Serial.available())
    Serial1.write(Serial.read());

}

Yes, thanks, the data rate is equal to 9600 baud.

not the data rate. the Serial Monitor rate.

Sorry, I meant serial monitor data rate.
Is it correct? But no results

it is right. as noted above, on a Mega, you have 4 hardware serial ports. you don't need software serial. you have 3 serial ports available on pins:

14 - 15, Serial3 TX - RX
16 - 17, Serial2 TX - RX
18 - 19, Serial1 TX - RX

In which way could I edit my code, avoiding the use of SoftwareSerial?
Excuse me, but I'm a beginner with Arduino

Thanks everyone for the help

remove the top two lines

include these in void setup:

Serial.begin (115200);                                  // set serial monitor rate to 115200 here and in the serial monitor
    Serial3.begin(9600);                                  // GPS Serial setup
    Serial2.begin(9600);                                  // Sound module setup

to read Serial3, put Serial3 where you have rfid

if you use more that one SoftwareSerial port, you have to tell SoftwareSerial which port to listen to. these Mega ports are hardware ports, they can all work simultaneously.

If I recall correctly, animal RFID chips require a reader specifically designed for them. Moreover, the European coding is not the same as the North American coding. I do not see anything in your link mentioning use for animal RFID chips.
Paul

In Europe chips are optimized for 134.2 kHz. The RFID sensor module which I’m using is for this standard.
Do you think that with this Arduino code is impossible to view the code of my animal chip?
@Paul_KD7HB Thank you for your answer

darkfire86:
In Europe chips are optimized for 134.2 kHz. The RFID sensor module which I'm using is for this standard.
Do you think that with this Arduino code is impossible to view the code of my animal chip?
@Paul_KD7HB Thank you for your answer

IF this was my project, I would take one of your test chips to a local veterinary and have them read it. Does you Arduino code know how to decode animal chip coding?
Paul

Just today I received from my vet a chip with a 134.2kHz frequency to carry out tests with the sensor, but I can’t understand why I still don’t have any results in the serial monitor.

The connections made are these
ARDUINO <-> SENSOR MODULE
(0) RX0 <-> PIN 4 (TXD)
GND <-> PIN 1 (GND)
5V <-> PIN 2 (VCC)

/* SENSOR MODULE */

1. GND.
    2.VDC.
  2. NC: no function, do not use
  3. TXD: data send.
  4. NC: no function, do not use.
  5. NC: no function, do not use.
  6. L1: antenna connection.
  7. L2: antenna connection.

The sketch code is this:

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println("Seriale:\n");
Serial1.begin(9600); 
Serial1.write(0x02);  
}
void loop(){
if (Serial1.available())
  Serial.print(Serial1.read(),HEX);

if (Serial.available())
  Serial1.write(Serial.read());
}

Serial monitor is set to 9600 baud rate.

Could you help me understand what are my errors, please?

As I recall, Google will find the explanation of the coding for the European animal RFID chip.
Paul

your first mistake, everybody does it:

READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

This is what happens when you do not

The best analogy I can make for this forum is, it's like a magic shop. you don't just walk in, flash the platinum card, and walk out with "Saw the lady in half". you show the magic you have, we guide you further down the path.

an essential lesson of that magic is reading 7. If you are posting code or error messages, use "code" tags

I apologize.

This is my first personal project. I have not in the least considered this forum as a "take-away" where you can find the solution without any effort.
I'm trying, trying, reading, making mistakes, to understand more and learn how to use this type of technology.

Of course I will do my best to learn and be able to help those in need, as you are doing with me. Thank you all.

darkfire86:
I apologize.

This is my first personal project. I have not in the least considered this forum as a “take-away” where you can find the solution without any effort.
I’m trying, trying, reading, making mistakes, to understand more and learn how to use this type of technology.

Of course I will do my best to learn and be able to help those in need, as you are doing with me. Thank you all.

Let me help. This was quickly found using Google:
“A microchip implant is a passive RFID device. Lacking an internal power source, it remains inert until it is powered by the scanner or another power source. While the chip itself only interacts with limited frequencies, the device also has an antenna that is optimized for a specific frequency, but is not selective. It may receive, generate current with, and reradiate stray electromagnetic waves.[19] The radio-waves emitted by the scanner activate the chip, making the chip transmit the identification number to the scanner, and the scanner displays the number on screen.[2] The microchip is enclosed in a biocompatible glass cylinder[2] and includes an identifying integrated circuit placed under the skin of an animal. Relevant standards for the chips are ISO 11784 and ISO 11785.”.
So you see you have to have a RFID reader that POWERS the implanted chip, not a passive reader like you are using.
Paul

So it is impossible to make an RFID reader of this frequency with these simple components (https://amz.run/4KHh), considering that the reader cannot power the chip. Am I right?

I based my research on the functioning, and recognition, of 125kHz RFID tags used outside of Europe, studying the type of device used (a sensor that works on that frequency) and a code that would allow the Arduino unit to communicate. with the sensor, reading and printing the read values.
Unfortunately, as far as the 134.2kHz frequency is concerned, literature is scarce and fragmented. For this reason I took the liberty of asking for help. Thanks for your feedback.