Hi all - I've got a project that I'm testing and I've noticed that the serial monitor on the web arduino editor just produces garbage characters. When I load it in the Windows IDE it works perfectly.
Are there differences between the versions and is one preferred?
It feels like it's a baud rate issue - but I've tried changing the baud rate at the top of the web monitor to no avail. I get the impression the web version is the future, but I'm not sure if it's a known variance or me!
Web version is not fit for purpose. Imo it never can be, you need the compiler running on your system for any serious use, but that’s beside the point.
No particular insight on the problem, other than to agree that it is likely a baid rate mismatch
Ah useful, I thought I read somewhere that the web was where all the effort was being placed and only a couple of actual active contributors left on the offline ide (although this effectively de-opensources Arduino as you become tied into it).
Good to get your perspective
Efforts are placed into ALL Arduino products and software.
However the teams are small but dedicated.
I would disagree with DrAzzy but CREATE can suffer the vagrancies of internet latency and other connection issues. That can give it some disadvantages for the serial side of things but its compilation times often beat the desktop hands down which usually also means quicker uploads.
Each product has its place in the grand scheme of things.
You neglected to add enough detail to the following links may be useful.
Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.