Simulator suggestions

I am new to Arduino and fried my first one because I am connected it wrong. I am looking for a simulator where I can drag and drop parts, program my arduino and then test it. I have looked at Wokwi and it is good, but there is no troubleshooting on it. So if I connect things wrong, I dont have a way to measure current on the line.

Fritzing is another one I looked at and this one I cant develop on it. It is strictly for PCB Design.

I am looking for a simulator that has the following:
Develop on the simulator
Drag and drop parts, ie: Breadboard, LED, Sesors, etc...
Troubleshoot options, ie: figure out how much current each lead line has to determine where my issue is. If I connect things wrong, I would like for the system to tell me that I connected it wrong and it would blow up in real life.
Also be able to set resistor values.

I have several project in mind that I would like to practice on, but A I dont have all the parts and B even if I did I dont know enough yet and feel confident that I wont break another Arduino and/or fry any of the part I buy.

Is there an simulator out there that has these options available. I am ok with paying for something like this.

1 Like

I don't think that's possible. For example, LEDs can work as a light source when connected normally but can also be used as light sensors when connected in reverse. Also, the microcontroller pins are software controlled and I don't see how any simulator will know exactly what you want to do and tell you what you've done wrong.

Wokwi and Tinkercad. The rest is annoying.

Wokwi is only digital, but it is actively developed. The breadboard is not yet available, but it is almost ready. I think that it will take a few more weeks for the makers of Wokwi.

Tinkercad can also simulate a analog circuit, and you can add voltmeters and current meters. There are a number of known bugs for years that are not solved.
You need a Autodesk account (it is free), and then look for the "Circuits" section of the Tinkercad. It does not simulate everything.

In the picture below, I'm trying to push 30V into pin 13.

You could make a circuit in Wokwi, and then show it to us.

Could you keep in mind that your goal is to make a schematic ? A schematic on a piece of paper is okay. We like to look at a schematic instead of untangling a Tinkercad or Wokwi picture. Some on this forum really dislike a Fritzing picture.

1 Like

Why all the hate for Fritzing? - Community / General Discussion - Arduino Forum

Hated because they are all too often terrible.

But the users here are awesome if you give them even a hand drawn schematic. I know of at least 20 users (probably a lot more) who will absolutely read it if you take the time to put it together, the help you correct it too.

I signed up for Tinkercad and it seems to be what I was looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.