(SMD) Atmega8A same as Atmega328 ?

I'm making some eagle designs and I'm in the part using the pins connecting components ..etc
and try to understand if the atmega8A has the same pin out as the atmega328, is that right?

as well found this picture online

Does the Atmega8A got same pins as the atmega328?

and extra question here:

Planing to use the internal oscilator 8Mhz will be 3.7v enough to power the atmega?

Yes, Atmega8 same pinout as Atmega328.
8 MHz Atmega8 will run fine on 3.7V.

10 pin connector is not used much - 6 pin is more common.
1 MISO 2 5V
3 SCK 4 MOSI
5 Reset 6 Gnd

If you open an Eagle design for an older Arduino board, it often shows the Atmega8 part number. Duemilanove is one example.

I just wanted to know if the atmega8A has the same pinout as the atmega328 because couldn't find
any pinout of the atmega8 on internet.

planing to run it dirrectly from 3.7v battery, do I really need to add a resistor to reset pin or can I skip that part somehow? Planing to put as few components possible.

Thanks

Nowhere?

Ow nice, thanks, I will save it on my files.

Domino60:
I just wanted to know if the atmega8A has the same pinout as the atmega328 because couldn’t find
any pinout of the atmega8 on internet.

So you also could not find the datasheet? You need to practice your google skills :wink:

This is probably the one:
8-bit AVR Microcontroller ATmega8A DATASHEET COMPLETE; chapter 5 for pinout

I could find the datasheet but I was trying to find a picture like hansibull did with a friendly
pinout and easy to understand.

Domino60:
do I really need to add a resistor to reset pin or can I skip that part somehow?

If you were using a DIP chip in a socket and not planning to have a reset button or an external connector for resetting the chip in the final circuit, you could connect the reset pin to Vcc. You could then program the chip on breadboard or using Uno R3 before transferring it to the circuit. But with an smd part, you need to be able to use reset to program the chip, so then you must have the pullup.