SOLAR RADIANT CONTROLLER FOR A NEWBIE

Can anybody here tel me which board I need to get started building my own controllers please, I’m just getting started and don’t know where to start? I’ve included a design from SolarLogicllc as an example of my needs.
Thanks for any help.
Gary

SolarLogic Plbg Loop.JPG

OP's image

SolarLogic Plbg Loop.JPG

Describe your needs.

Hey! Go grab a arduino nano, they´re a neat size and are ready for pretty much anything..

But from what little i understand from your picture (thanx danger!), youre not looking for a single, tiny controller, youre looking for a few electrical cabinettes, spread around the facility, arent you..?

In such case, have a look at PLC and CAN, there are of course others, but theyre used pretty widely in industrial installations.

You can probably run it off arduino, but im guessing that you´dd want a display and graphical interface, prehaps a raspberry pi would be better suited as "systems mainframe"?

SUNFIREPLUMBING: Can anybody here tel me which board I need to get started building my own controllers please, I'm just getting started and don't know where to start? I've included a design from SolarLogicllc as an example of my needs. Thanks for any help. Gary

Even after looking at the image I have no idea what you are thinking of using an Arduino for.

If you are new to Arduinos the Uno is the best one to start with as most add-ons and software works with it.

...R

Hi, Welcome to the forum. Your diagram lacks any resolution for us to read any of the text that is in it. Your image is only 47k, you need to post it at 500k to see it properly.

Load your image back and see what I mean.

It looks like your image is of fluid/plumbing loops, you need to tell us what you want as inputs and outputs and how you want to control everything, it looks like you have more than one control loop.

Can you tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom.. :)

TomGeorge: Your image is only 47k, you need to post it at 500k to see it properly.

That won't make it display any bigger. It will just take longer to display it :)

...R

Here is a manual for one of Solarlogic's controllers designed to control a system such as depicted in the OP http://www.solarlogicllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SLIC-GenII-Users-Manual-20120709.pdf

It offers a comprehensive set of features and duplicating this sort of functionality would be a rather ambitious first project IMHO.