Step down the voltage

hello to all,

we are using power supply of PC to power our project which is Robotic arm. can anyone please help me out that how can we step down the voltages (12V) to (5V). By using Buck converter it gets heated.

We are using 5 servos. so please suggest some easy ways.
thanks

Duplicate topic deleted

i potsted it publically.
can you help me out that which regulator should i use? L7806 regulator is also a option but it drops the current. how to avoid this? i dont want to drop the current with voltage.

DC-DC (buck) converter is the right thing. You just need one that can deliver enough current..and don't overload it.

Or you could use more than one converter and split the servos to different ones.

Steve

buck converter will not drop the current?
as we are using power supply which has 12V. we use this regulator to step down the voltage to 6V. but it also drops the current rating. and low current will not be suitable for motors.

we are using power supply of PC to power our project which is Robotic arm. can anyone please help me out that how can we step down the voltages (12V) to (5V).

A PC power supply also has a 5V rail; why can't you use that?

@Sendrene
thanks for help.
can you please guide me that how to use the rail?

+5V are the red wires

Hope this helps

but sorry i forgot, we need 6V for our servos. then please suggest a effective way.

You could use multiple buck converters, as it was suggested.
You wire them in parallel.
You can group a couple of servos per converter, or just use one servo per converter

Look at stepdown converters at Pololu.com as I suggested in your other similar post that was asking about 12V to 6V.

I would combine that here, but am having an issue getting it to work.

CrossRoads:
but am having an issue getting it to work.

CrossRoads can't figure it out.
We have truly entered the end times.
:stuck_out_tongue:

i have used these for a few projects.

20ABEC.jpg

output voltage can be configured.

20ABEC.jpg

@CrossRoads
thankyou for your reply, Yes i visited that site and i found 2 regulators hope so that will work for us,

@VinceHerman
Thankyou for your reply,

can you please tell me its name. i can’t find it on internet.

@Sendrene
Thankyou for your reply,

but buck converter doesn't provide the 7.5Amps. We need 7.5Amps for servos.

You can get buck converters that provide a lot more than 7.5A. E.g. if you search for "buck converter 10A" or "buck converter 20A" you will find loads of them.

You can't expect to be spoon fed everything. Put some effort in yourself.

Steve

tmalik:
can you please tell me its name. i can't find it on internet.

The link takes you to Hobby King's page, where the title is

YEP 20A HV (2~12S) SBEC w/Selectable Voltage Output

I assume that YEP is the manufacturer.
SBEC is the name for a Switching Battery Elimination Circuit.

Is that the info you needed?