Test equipment

raschemmel:
I don’t trust anyone with a clean desk…

Agreed !! A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind (I’m safe).

mikey

raschemmel:
I don’t trust anyone with a clean desk…

True, but he gets a little credit for having a cup of coffee next to the gear

As for me, it seems no matter how large my desk is, my actual work area will be diminished to a 12"x12" area, but I still know where everything is!!

As for me, it seems no matter how large my desk is, my actual work area will be diminished to a 12"x12" area, but I still know where everything is!!

If you photograph a cluttered desk, it looks like random access memory, but if you blindfold the desk owner and interrogate him about the location of specific items , their accuracy is usually within 1 or 2 inches of the object in question. using other objects as reference points :
ie: the notebook is underneath the pile of receipts in the right upper quadrant of the desk ...etc"

True, but he gets a little credit for having a cup of coffee next to the gear

Ok, but if he is right-handed as appears in the photo, why is the cup closest to his right hand instead of on the left side of the desk so he can pick it up without taking his hand off the mouse ?

raschemmel:
Ok, but if he is right-handed as appears in the photo, why is the cup closest to his right hand instead of on the left side of the desk so he can pick it up without taking his hand off the mouse ?

Maybe he doesn't multitask well. Perhaps he took a bite out of his mouse while simultaneously smearing his doughnut on the desk???

For me, the coffee goes wherever it fits.

For me, the coffee goes wherever it fits.

I sip coffee while driving on the freeway so it's natural to do it while surfing the web...

so it's natural to do it while surfing the web...

I hope you have a screw top on the cup so when you fall off your surf board you don't dump the coffee.