TFT Help

I purchased a cheap TFT on ebay. It came from China and I am finding that the cheap price was probably not worth it. Anyway, I am trying to get it to work with an Uno R3. I am also discovering that all displays are not the same. I believe I have a 61581 screen but I have been googling all evening and can not find a library that works. It doesn't seem that the UTFT library is set up for this screen. Is that correct? Can anyone give me directions on how to get this up and working. Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Is this your first posting on this forum asking for help ?

Yes, it is. I am pretty much a noob. I have been programming in multiple languages for a while but the hardware side is all new to me.

I’ll do whatever I can to help. No promises. But if I help you will you help me with programming if I need it ?

I'd try my best.

ok. Let's get started.
Have tried to run it yet or is that why your here ?

Yeah, I am able to read from the SD card but I can't get anything to display. All I get is a white screen.

we need a SITREP (Situation Report)

1. photos of your wiring
    2 exactly how you installed the library (if you have)
    3 your code
    look here:
    http://tronixstuff.com/2011/02/18/tutorial-arduino-and-tft-lcd/
    and here:
    http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/TFTDisplayText

then come back.

I attached a pic of the shield I am using. I was trying to get any of the tutorials in the TFT library or the UTFT library I downloaded to work. The only changes I made was I was trying to use pins 15,16,17,18 instead of the pins given in the examples.

Thanks for the links. Tonight or tomorrow I will spend some time studying them.

As you have already surmised, buying something from china on ebay comes at a price.
I googled it and there is nothing. As a general rule when buying anything for an arduino, the availability of
example code or online tutorials should be the deciding factor in whether or not to buy it. You may still
get lucky but at this point your only hope is finding someone who reads chinese who can go on their
website and ask for help getting it running. It's a long shot but there's no shortage of chinese literate
people. With the web it's possible there people in china reading this right now. I would make your next
post on this topic something like this :
HELP ! DOES ANYONE READ CHINESE ? I NEED SOMEONE TO RESEARCH THIS "A;SLDKJSV DFB" TFT
SHIELD AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY EXAMPLE CODE IN ENGLISH !
Other than that, you might start by making a list of all the pins and there locations on the shield with
respect to an Arduino UNO. Like this:
TOP VIEW OF UNO PINS ON BOTTOM OF SHIELD

UNO] [TFT SHIELD UNO TFT SHIELD
0.............---------- A5...........----------
1.............----------- A4............LCD_RST
2...............LCD_D2 A3............LCD_CS
3...............LCD_D3 A2............LCD_RST

It should be obvious it should be when you see pins labeled "SS" and "SCK" with two other pins labeled "[XXX_DI]" and "[XXX_DO]"
that it doesn't mean [XXX_D-ONE] & [XXX-D-ZERO] but rather [XXX_Data-IN] & [XXX-Data-OUT] and the one
labeled IN connects to the UNO's MOSI (Master Out,Slave IN) and the one labeled data out connects to MISO (Master IN,
Slave Out, which tells you that ii is a SPI SD. Likewise , the LCD is a parallel interface, somewhat like a parallel LCD.
How similar, I couldn't tell you but for a comparison , look at the pin names of my parallel LCD:
DEVICE PINOUT:

LCD ARDUINO

VSS GND
VDD +5V
VO +5V VIA POTENTIOMETER
RS D12
RW GND
E D11
D4 D5
D5 D4
D6 D3
D7 D2
A +5V
K GND

What does that tell you?

Take a look at this:

2.4TFT-Touch-LCD-Data-Arduino.pdf (638 KB)

check out the DOWNLOAD BUTTON on this site:
[urlhttp://imall.iteadstudio.com/im120417012.html][/url]

Thanks for the info. I quickly read through some of it and still no luck. Free time at the moment is hard to come by but I'll hopefully get a chance to dive into it deeper over thanksgiving. Hopefully, I'll find the right setup in the info you linked.

HELP ! DOES ANYONE READ CHINESE ?

I really think your best bet is the above tactic.
The URL on you display it the following:
http://www.mcufriend.com/

WARNING , UNLESS YOU READ CHINESE, DON'T GO THERE!
You need the library and example code. Maybe someone who reads chinese can find out where to
get it or request it by email.

"Your mission Mr. Phelps, should you choose to accept it is......"

I think your shield is the same make as the one I have just purchased, I found the following link very helpful and now can use the shield.

Regards
Dave

WOW! Thank you! This sounds promising. I know what I will be tinkering with over the holiday. Thank you again. I can't wait to try this new library!

Good thing he reads chinese.

Seriously though , I was able to read the www.mcufriend.com webpage using Google Translate but it is a
Delevoper’s site and although I did see some Arduino related subjects and found a topic labeled 2.4" LCD Technology
Attached is a screenshot of a download page for the ili9328 contoller chip of the 2.4" display.
Note the user info format on the left of the screen. Also note that the “Admin” for the site has only 48 posts and
his “Karma” is still “0” but he has 7 stars and a rating of “Marshal”. XD
I was unable to download the file because the “I agree” button to register does not work.
It was interesting nevertheless.

Thank you all for the help. The library supplied at the misc.ws website works like a charm. Thank you!!!!

I think your shield is the same make as the one I have just purchased, I found the following link very helpful and now can use the shield.

Regards
Dave

Way to go Dave !
Thanks for your help! I'm sure a lot of other people will make use of it...