TFT_320QVT_9341

Hi everyone,

I brought a TFT LCD Display labeled TFT_320QVT_9341. I am using Arduino uno shield. Please someone help me to find libraries for that. I used several libraries. But they didnt work. Please someone help me

Thank you

I found this,
http://codedemonelectronics.com.au/thinktank/arduino/tft-320-qvt-9341

but it has done using arduino mega. so that is not working for me. because im using arduino uno. what are the pins i have to change ?? Please some one help me

This is my TFT display

Think about it. Your display has 40 pins.
Your Uno has only got 22 GPIO pins. It is wise to avoid #0, #1 because they are used by Serial.

Please post a link to your special Adapter Shield. It is possible to use external electronics to control the 16-bit data bus on your display. Few libraries support this. Especially when we do not know what Shield you are using.

Life is simpler if you buy a display Shield that is designed for a Uno.
Or buy a regular 40-pin Adapter shield for a Mega. And a Mega clone to plug it into.

David.

David sir, Please help me.

What i want to do now. I only have arduino uno board and arduino uno shiled.

I brought arduino uno shield from the shop not online. Their web site only shows mega shield. This is that,

http://www.lankatronics.com/edl-lcd-adapter-arduino-shield-tft01-itdb02-compatible-mega.html

attached image shows my uno shield. now what i want to do. please help me.

Your Uno shield photos do not have a Make or Model number. It is your job to find a datasheet.
You could start by asking the shop that sold it to you.

As I said earlier, there are several ways to drive a 16-bit bus with an 8-bit data port. e.g. latch the top 8-bits, then load the bottom 8-bits.

UTFT supports a latched 16-bit bus on a Uno. The HW_ATmega328P.h driver has a LATCHED_16 case.

Your Adapter might be similar to TFT Adapter Shield for Uno
Compare the schematic with your Shield.

Looking at that schematic. It only drives an 8-bit bus. The HC541 chips do level shifting. They do not operate as a latch.
Your TFT uses a 16-bit bus. I do not think you can alter it for 8-bit.

I would just buy a cheap 2.4" Mcufriend Shield that will plug straigt into your Uno.

David.

Ok thank you very much for the solution. Then i will buy another touch pad which suit to uno board.

You can check out http://www.elecfreaks.com/estore/displays/lcds/tft. They have adapters for both the UNO and Mega boards. I only use Mega 2560 boards when using displays since shields of 3.2 and larger require more resources. I can get Mega 2560 boards for between $8.00-$9.50 US. You should have no problem migrating to the Mega since the Arduino programming language is used for both the UNO and Mega. The only difference is the pin designations since the Mega has more pins than the UNO. I only use displays similar to what you find here:

http://www.elecfreaks.com/estore/4-3-tft-lcd-screen-module-tft01-4-3.html

I have also used ITEAD ITDB series displays with very good results. These displays have forty pins (2 rows of 20) on one end. You can find them here:

The ITDB series is easy to program with UTFT and URTouch libraries for Arduino (see below).

ITEAD also has a Nextion series. See:

These display units are themselves actual computers that are programmable using a drag and drop IDE interface. They interface well with the UNO and Mega (along with the Raspberry Pi) and use less resources than the ITDB Series. On the negative side, I feel that programming them with the Nextion IDE is less flexible than programming the ITDB series using UTFT and URTouch libraries.

I have used knockoffs of the ElecFreaks and ITDB series displays with with no problems with the exception of an occasional defective display which you can expect from knockoffs.

I use LCD TFT01 Arduino Mega Shield v2.0 SHD10 found at:

http://www.elecfreaks.com/estore/lcd-tft01-arduino-mega-shield-v2-0-shd10.html

I do not like the ITEAD version since it uses more pins. The ITEAD ITDB displays work well with the ElecFreaks Mega Shields and similar boards.

Only get the white version 2.X boards. This shield uses less pin resources than some other shields. Like the display, I have used several knockoffs but with more than an occasional being defective.

The libraries I use are the UTFT and URTouch libraries found at:

http://www.rinkydinkelectronics.com/

All the ITDB and similar ElecFreaks displays are directly supported by these libraries. Many knockoffs follow the ITDB standard and you can figure what board to define in your programs by the size of the display.

The UTFT library controls the display and the URTouch library controls the touchscreen.

By the way here is a project I am presently working on, a controller for a UV box that works under red light darkroom conditions. I can turn off/on a red led light inside the box, while I am setting up my media. After I close my box I set the time of my UV exposure hit "Go!" The countdown then turns on the UV light until time runs out. Then the UV light automatically turns off and a buzzer turns on. After the buzzer turns on I can kill the buzzer.

The materials I used were:

1. Gereric ITDB02 4.3" TFT LCD Display Module knockoff
  2. ElecFreaks LCD TFT01 Arduino Mega Shield v2.2 SHD10
  3. Generic Mega 2560 knockoff
  4. UTFT & URTouch Libraries

Now that I have finished programming the controller I will separate the shield from the Mega 2560 board and reconnect them using wires. I will then hook up to my red lights my UV lights and a buzzer by way of the D9, D10 and Dii pins on my Mega 2560 board.

Because I am working under darkroom red light conditions, my display is not colorful (being only in red color) but I have a lot more colorful projects I am working on.

OK my picture did not post. It was too big. Here is what my project looks like.

hi david_prentice and Lymphomaniac1

Thank you loads for your helps.

Now I have arduino mega board, LCD Adapter Arduino mega Shield(Electrodragon) and TFT 320 QVT 9341 touch screen.

this is my shield
http://www.electrodragon.com/product/3-2-tft-lcd-arduino-adapter-shield/

Please can you tell me now how to get LCD work. I tried as following guide. but it didnt work. Please help me. Tomorrow is the day I have to show this to my project panel. Please help me.

You are not the only one having problems with these small displays. Dave and I are trying to work with a few other people with the same problem. I am so at a loss with these small displays not working. I just received several knock off boards and in the last couple of days tried to get them to work with no avail. I even received an eLabPeers 2.4" display which I can not get to work. I asked for help from eLabPeers but have not received a reply yet. I just put in an order for an ElecFreak 2.8" to get it to work on a true ElecFreak TFT Adapter Shield on a Mega2560 Board that I know works. I also put in an order for a ITEAD 2.4" display to use with the same adapter. I will probably receive them in a couple of weeks.

I know some brand name displays that will definitely work with UTFT and the Elecfreaks TFT Adapter Board or a good Knockoff.

SainSmart 4.3" and larger.
ITEAD ITDB02 series 4.3 and larger
ElecFreaks TFT01-4.3, TFT01-5.0, TFT01-7.0

You may want to invest in one of these displays.

Several people have had problems with the SainSmart TFT Adapter Boards. You may want to avoid these boards.

The question becomes, why are so many people having problems with these small displays.

1. Dave and I may not know as much as we think about these small boards. I am use to using boards that are 4.3" and larger because the touchpads on these screens are easier to use in the end product. The smaller boards may be using different conventions than the larger boards I am use to. That is why I am trying to correspond with eLabPeers. If I can not get the other name brand displays to work, I will be corresponding with them too. When I have a working answer I will let you know.

2. Some displays may be defective. While most websites and e-Bay sellers are honest and sell electronics they feel are top rate, even these sellers may occasionally get a bad display. If they sell a large amount let us say 1000 of a particular display and 2% are defective then 20 people get defective boards. They may then come on the forum for help.

3. A few websites and e-Bay sellers are unscrupulous. Some companies hire people to go into garbage dumpsters of legitimate manufacturers to recover the products the manufactures reject. Then these unscrupulous companies package the products as being good products and flood the market with rejected products. There are other unscrupulous companies which manufacture products that they do not expect to work then flood the market with them. Take SD cards sold for low prices on e-Bay. The nasty companies often make an SD card with a low capacity, let us say 2GB, and program them to think they have a larger capacity. The SD card will work all right until the 2GB of data is used up then overwrite itself, loosing the previous data. If you use one of these in your camera, unbeknownst to you you, every time you take a photo when more than 2GB of data has been written to you card, you loose previous photos. This situation is so bad now people just do not buy SD cards on e-Bay. I even once bought a generic Mega 2560 board on e-Bay where the headers were sloppily soldered to the board and the rest of the components were glued to the board. When websites do this these things they get a bad reputation and just change websites. When these things happen on e-Bay, e-Bay shuts them down but the same groups just pop on with a different name. For e-Bay this is like play Wack-a-Mole. Some of these illegitimate companies sell to what we call in Yiddish, schlock shops, which sell all sorts of junk from cheap lingerie to cheap household goods. The schlock shops sell a lot of such stuff which they know nothing about. You will never get any customer support from them.

Well I got my reply from eLabPeers. They evidently have their own version of UTFT which runs their 2.4 inch display. Sucks because now I have to use two different versions of UTFT. I will stick to my tried and true displays. I guess that is what is going on with all these displays. There are manufacturers that are either hijacking UTFT to run their displays but not anybody else's display or they are coming up with their own libraries all together. You need to find out who makes your display or whose display your display emulates.

I had never heard of eLabPeers. So I Googled them.

The 2.4" uses ILI9325 with the option of 8-bit / 16-bit parallel bus.
The 3.2" uses ILI9341 with only 16-bit parallel bus.

UTFT v2.8.2 supports ILI9341_16.
UTFT has always supported ILI9325.

Your 40-pin Mega2560 Adapter Shield can NOT read the bus. OTOH, UTFT has no concept of reading registers or GRAM.

David.