I’m having trouble reading an anemometer and am curious if anyone is available to take a peek at my code/project. The anemometer is from Fascinating Electronics. I’ve connected to it using CAT5 cable and 22 gauge, shielded cable. The 22 gauge cable seems to give a reading more consistently. Might just be stronger wire going in and out of the breadboard. Also, I removed the PCB with diode from the reed switch and soldered directly to the reed switch. I’ve been having trouble for about a week now so I have been stripping things down. Removal of the PCB and diode appear to have made the sensor read more consistently.
From the instruction manual under ‘Create your own software’, the equation to calculate wind speed (MPH) is 1.758*(2*Hz)+2.121 .
A PCB with reed switch connected.
Demo Image 1
The PCB that was removed on the setup mentioned below.
Demo Image 2
I have tried three different scripts to solve the problem. Below is a schematic of the circuit. In general, the results that I get are vary wildly and are not reasonable. In all cases, when I turn the anemometer one full revolution (two passes over the switch(two magnets in the anemometer cap)), several passes are recorded (between 11 and 50+). I’ve played with the debounce over a range of 15-155 milli-seconds but it doesn’t seem to give me much improvement.