I am a new maker and I am trying to start working on the Plant Watering Kit. I am unable to add the RP2040 to devices in cloud. I have installed the 1.7.0 agent and the 2.3.6 IDE. The IDE does connect to the board and upload (blank) sketches. However, in the cloud, when adding the device, using USB, it detects the RP2040 on USB4 but while setting it up I see the error:
Failed to upload: Start command: exec: "C:/Users/aijal/.arduino-create/arduino/rp2040tools/1.0.6/rp2040load": executable file not found in %PATH%
I have confirmed that %SystemRoot%\system32 is in my Environment Variables Path. I am looking for any suggestions. Thank you!
What board, RP2040 is a chip, we need the board name. What board dod you select in the Add Devices?
Adding to the cloud does not use USB, it uses WiFi.
I go to app.arduino.cc/devices and Add Device > Automatic setup > Arduino boards > Via Serial (USB). I see the Arduino Nano RP2040 Connect, select it. The next screen says "Arduino Nano RP2040 Connect connected" and I click CONTINUE. In the Device name field I create a name and click the checkmark.
Making your device IoT ready
Your device is now being configured to communicate securely with Arduino Cloud.
The process can take up to 5 minutes, please do not unplug the device.
Been awhile since I worked with the cloud, seems they made some changes. Ok, looks like you did the right thing. I assume you googled the error as well as the executable name. If that doesn't help I am out of ideas.
I decided to uninstall the cloud agent and reboot and reinstall and now it is connected.
Your Device is ready!
Your Arduino Nano RP2040 Connect Vida has been successfully set up. You can now connect your device to sensors, actuators and other inputs or outputs!