Unable to recognize Nano 33 IoT when setting up Arduino IOT cloud

New out of the box NANO 33 IoT is not recognized when setting it up for the Arduino Cloud.

I can upload programs to it using the Arduino IDE without problems.

During the setup, the current step is shown on the left side of the screen. Which step does it fail on?

What is the exact text of the error message you're getting?

Attached is a screen shot of where I am when I get the error.

Thanks. That makes the situation much more clear to me.

When you're using the Nano 33 IoT with the Arduino IDE, in the Tools > Port menu, do you see the text "(Arduino NANO 33 IoT)" after the Nano 33 IoT's port name?

Yes, it says Port: " COM7 (Arduino NANO 33 IoT)"

im facing the same problems what can i do

I face the same problem as other users. The set-up stops during the step of configuration of the crypto cpu.

I too am having this problem. Windows 10 does not react to my plugging in the NANO 33 IoT board at all. Getting the same using both the IDE and the Web based interfaces.

masoudsafi:
I too am having this problem. Windows 10 does not react to my plugging in the NANO 33 IoT board at all. Getting the same using both the IDE and the Web based interfaces.

Make sure the USB cable is completely plugged into both the Arduino board and the PC.

You may have a damaged/defective or charge-only USB cable. Try a different cable.

I have the same problem, two brand new boards; Nano 33 IoT BLE-Sense and MKR100, I tried 5 different cables on two computers (Mac and Windows) and different USB ports. Tried both Chrome and Firefox. Uploading a sketch works fine.

I have tried a couple of times again but no result. Has anyone successfully added a board? Is there an alternative method perhaps???

this is my first project, i have am adruino nano and i also have the same problem where the board itelf is unable to be detected in the website neither works through IDE.

henk_kuipers:
two brand new boards; Nano 33 IoT BLE-Sense

There is no such thing as a "Nano 33 IoT BLE-Sense".

There is the Nano 33 IoT, which is supported by Arduino IoT Cloud.

There is the Nano 33 BLE Sense, which is not supported by Arduino IoT Cloud (because it has no way to connect to the Internet).

Which one do you have?

henk_kuipers:
and MKR100

Do you mean MKR1000? If so, that board is supported.

henk_kuipers:
Has anyone successfully added a board?

Yes, I just added both a Nano 33 IoT and a MKR1000.

henk_kuipers:
I have tried a couple of times again but no result.

Please provide a detailed description of the problem you're having. Which step number does it fail at. What is the exact error message you're getting?

Thanks for answering.

pert:
There is no such thing as a “Nano 33 IoT BLE-Sense”.

There is the Nano 33 IoT, which is supported by Arduino IoT Cloud.

There is the Nano 33 BLE Sense, which is not supported by Arduino IoT Cloud (because it has no way to connect to the Internet).

Which one do you have?

Indeed, my mistake. It is a Nano 33 BLE Sense so it cannot connect of course.

pert:
Do you mean MKR1000? If so, that board is supported.

Yes indeed, I meant the MKR1000 (made a typo).

pert:
Yes, I just added both a Nano 33 IoT and a MKR1000.
Please provide a detailed description of the problem you’re having. Which step number does it fail at. What is the exact error message you’re getting?

I attached the error message that I see in the web interface when connecting the MKR1000. I looked further into the problem with the MKR1000 and it seems that the USB connection is the problem. On both the Windows computer and the Mac there is no available Port to choose after connecting the MKR1000 while using a tested micro USB cable. I tested the cable with the Nano 33 BLE Sense using the Arduino IDE 1.8.12, it works fine. When I connect the MKR1000, the green LED turns on. On both computers I did a fresh install of the IDE, I installed the Arduino SAMD boards and I selected the MKR1000 in the Board menu and installed the required libraries. Double clicking the reset button on the board doesn’t help. The board is brand new, I have done nothing with it so far and I did remove the foam.

Mine kinda worked now in IDE , watched a video on YouTube. It said go to tools/Processor:/ ATmega328P(Old Bootloader) idk what that means or what it does, even though I still have problem with my installed plugin to be able to detect, in the website.

thelonewolf1010:
Mine kinda worked now in IDE , watched a video on YouTube. It said go to tools/Processor:/ ATmega328P(Old Bootloader)

That only applies to the classic Nano. That board is not compatible with Arduino IoT Cloud. There are several Arduino boards with "Nano" in their name: