Upload a sketch on a MacBook?

I'm using a 2020-MacBook-Air, and it only has 2 USB-C ports. However when I connected it with a USB-B-to-USB-C adapter, it didn't quite work. Do you have any suggestions?

Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by "it didn't quite work". Post the full and exact text of any error or warning messages you might be getting.

pert:
Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by "it didn't quite work". Post the full and exact text of any error or warning messages you might be getting.

All I know is that it didn't say that the board is connected so I couldn't upload (even with the plugin).

Are you using the Arduino IDE or the Arduino Web Editor?

pert:
Are you using the Arduino IDE or the Arduino Web Editor?

I am using Web Editor. But the IDE doesn't work either.

You may have to find a driver, esp. if your are using a clone knockoff counterfeit board.

What exact board do you have and what MacOS version are you running?

a7

You may have a "charging cord". I've run across them from time to time. No data lines, just power.

-jim lee

alto777:
You may have to find a driver, esp. if your are using a clone knockoff counterfeit board.

What exact board do you have and what MacOS version are you running?

a7

I use Arduino UNO ATMEGA-328P and MacOS Big-Sur.

Bzzzzt!

Looks like Big Sur broke some things. Good luck, but you have company in this misery.

You should first of course make sure about the cable as @JimLee points out. Been distracted by that one a few times myself. Charging cables shou,d be illegal or marked as such, just sayin’.

HTH

a7