usbBasp with Arduino Mega

Im uploading code via programmer with Arduino IDE 1.6.6 to an Arduino Mega. The programmer is a usbBasp. The upload seems to be successful, but the code does not run properly (the only thing I see is the two LED lights ON) but the code is not running (I am uploading the simple Blink code). The only warning message I get is "avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.", but apparently that should not be the issue. I am using the pinout from

and from

https://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/file/view/Mega2560_R3_Label-small-v2%20(2).png/471429496/800x526/Mega2560_R3_Label-small-v2%20(2).png

p.s If I do this directly via AVRDUDE I get the same results. Naturally, if I do this via USB upload, this runs perfectly.

I have a USBasp Version 2.0 from Ebay with a 10-to-6-pin converter from Ebay. I use the Arduino IDE with the menu option "Upload with programmer". The sck period warning can be ignored. I use the ICSP for the ATmega2560 of course, with pin 1 to pin 1.

Your image for the 10 pins cable is too small.

Did you try using the Arduino IDE ? Or just avrdude from the command line ?

The simplest (and actually also the most logical) solution is to set the hfuse to 0xD9.

avrdude -patmega2560 -cusbasp -Pusb -Uhfuse:w:0xD9:m

You can read the whole story here:

Thanks, it works now!