use a wiper motor as a servo motor

Hi All
im building a large scale rc truck and need a strong servo to drive front steering iv seen guys hack a servo and use the wires from the motor of the servo through a h bridge then to a wiper motor i need to know what H bridge to use and where to buy it or a diagram of how to build one there are loads on utube but no info on the H bridge

If you want to use the electronics of the servo to control a larger motor I think you will need to understand how and where to connect your external h-bridge to the servo electronics. That may well determine the sort of h-bridge that you require.

You could program an Arduino to operate a large motor through a h-bridge or an ESC (electronic speed control). the ESC may be the easier solution. Then, with a potentiometer attached to the steering system you would have a source of position feedback for the Arduino.

...R

thanks for the info what would i need and what would it cost me as i would love to finish my truck
thanks

geraldb:
thanks for the info what would i need and what would it cost me as i would love to finish my truck
thanks

I have no idea. Especially as I suggested 2 options and you did not say which you prefer.

If you are going with the 2nd option (i.e. without any servo) then you need to identify a DC motor driver that can comfortably handle the current required by your motor and which won't be destroyed if the motor stalls. An electronic speed control (ESC) such as are sold by HobbyKing might be the cheapest and most convenient option for large currents. Alternative look for DC motor drivers on, for example, the Sparkfun and Pololu websites.

...R

Hi the first option where i will use the two motor wires from the servo through a h bridge i will wire up the pod to the wiper motor to set end points the h bridge must be 12 v DC thanks i do understand how the servo works so all i need is a servo amplifier

I can't help with the stuff in Reply #4. I know nothing about it.

...R

thanks

Some inspiration to use a wiper motor:

http://www.homofaciens.de/