Water Flow Rate Sensor

I am currently working on a project that measures the water flow rate of a faucet and a shower head. I was working with the Arduino uno; however, after doing some research I felt like using the Arduino Microview would be better because it wouldn’t require an LCD screen and could easily run my program. I am still in search of a tutorial on how to hook up the water flow rate sensor on the Microview and make the data appear in the screen. I help any of you could help me with this.

Here is the link for my previous circuit sketch:

There are a bunch of links at the bottom of the SparkFun page

I am doing a project on measuring the flow rate of a faucet, and I am using the Arduino MicroView I already have the code figured out to use the MicroView + the Seedstudio flow rate sensor. However now I am trying to write the data on an micro SD card, and was wondering how would be the wiring of the a Micro Sd card breakout board to the Microview programmer.

Here are the links to both the Micro SD card breakout and the Flow rate sensor.

Thanks.

As it looks to me, the pins on the Microview header are free for use. Unfortunately the SPI interface (D11, D13) seems to be occupied by the display, and may not be available for the SD card :frowning:

But you can always bit bang the SPI interface in other pins, or even God forgive use a soft SPI library.

I am doing a project that requires storing info from a water sensor that is run by an Arduino Microview directly to excel. I thought about connecting the Microview to an micro SD card with a breadboard, but it seems like the the Microview doesn't have all the pins that I need so I would need another shield that adds more pins to it, also the Microview runs in 5v and the MicroSD shield in 3.3V. I am using the Micro SD breakout shield from sparkfun. I also need the project to be the smallest possible. Any suggestions? If so, I would like to know how could I code this...

Thanks

Check schematic
You can see how is connected ATMEGA328 with OLED 3.3V
So you can connect directly your SD but SPI pins are not available.

MicroViewPins.png

Thats your header:
A0…A5 are Analog inputs but you can use them as digital INPUT/OUPUT too.
D2…D6 are normal I/O pins.
I can see enough pins to interface SD, but you need hardware SPI pins.
SPI pins D10, D11,D13 are connected to OLED.
You need a Emulate SPI library or make connections to these pins (D10,D11,D13).

I just saw a review saying that the Microview doesn’t have SPI pins (D10…D13). So I wouldn’t be able to write to the micro SD card with a Microview?

You need emulate SPI or hard wire SPI pins to your SD using wich one I/O as Chip Select

mabrao17:
Arduino Microview directly to excel.

IF you are programming the Microview in the normal manner from a PC, using a USB cable AND you can use the device while still connected thereto AND, by direct, you really mean direct, you might be able to ignore all that SPI stuff and actually do what you say you want to do.

Check the "Interfacing w/Software..." section and the recent discussion on using PLX. If you cannot stay tethered to PC, you may still be able to do this with bluetooth. I have never used bluetooth with PLX myself, but it appears that the problems with that are in the PC, not Arduino, and I haven't bothered, it being simpler to use the phone.

Come to think of it: if, by direct, you don't mind if it is a little bit indirect, using the phone to pick up the data via bluetooth may be a useful option for you. I actually do that in preference to PLX these days, as it is more convenient.

I am doing a project where I have a water flow sensor connected to an Arduino MicoView, and it is all working fine; however I need to gather the data somehow, I thought about using an microSD shield, but it seems its 's not compatible with the MicroView. My second Idea was to write the data straight to a computer (straight to excel). How could I write this data from a MicroView to Excel, and would it be possible to use a raspberry pi with an excel open and the data running to the raspberry pi's libre office ( their equivalent excel) ? This would make my project smaller...

I don't see MicoView/MicroView here:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Products
What do you have really? Link?

How many more times are you going to raise this topic?

Can always add wires from D11-12-13, power, Gnd, and a free pin for chip select and make up a header that your SD card can connect to.