Where do I hook up the pro mini?

I’ve done it again.
I had a cool idea and then I strangle the joy out of it with “important” details only to derail my glorious project because I overcomplicated it thinking i had to know a bunch of bs that turned out to be useless.

So I’m asking for help to hack this together so I can get started playing with some code.

I have a simple device. It’s a model ufo. It can house 14 leds. I am using a Pro Mini to run these, one led per pin. Simple. Only It doesn’t exist yet because…

I want it to be able to plug into a laptop usb to charge itself, but I don’t know how to actually assemble it to work. I can figure out how to hook up the TP4056 (blue charger shield to the usb and the battery, but I dont know how to run the power from the battery to the Pro Mini.

If somebody could explain this to me I could get on with my stupid life. And I would really appreciate it. If I can get this done, I have a platform to practice coding and adding sensors on. You know, the fun part!

Please help me get past this roadblock.

Thanks.

Think this link will show you whats missing -

Thank you ricky101. Indeed, that explains it.

I bought the exact part everyone recommends, even that article you directed me to, TP4056. Mine doesn't have any OUT+ or OUT- for some reason, whereas the one in your article does. Unbelievable. That some bs right there for ya. How am I ever supposed to get this done like this? I have the step up thingamabob though. I guess I'll see if I break it taking the usb jack off of it and then try to order another on from kung-fu land.

There seem to exist (at least) two kinds of battery chargers, for only charging, or for both charging and supplying power to another device.

The simplest solution is to plug the battery to either the charger or to the Pro Mini. What's the use of the battery, if you want to power the Arduino from some external power line?

This vid explains the difference between the two different boards, one with the Out terminals and one without.

From what I read about those boards, seems you have cannot charge and run the Load, your ardunio, at the same time... ??

Hi,

FC96 and TP4056

Tom.... :o

DrDiettrich:
There seem to exist (at least) two kinds of battery chargers, for only charging, or for both charging and supplying power to another device.

The simplest solution is to plug the battery to either the charger or to the Pro Mini. What's the use of the battery, if you want to power the Arduino from some external power line?

My parts came in finally and I'm ready to get started again on this part of my model. I made a video of the explanation for what Im doing, but I have Lou Gehrig's disease so there are parts where I'm hard to understand. Any thoughts are appreciated. I know the video is kinda scatter brained but at least you'll know what Im doing.

And yes I want a cow that recharges my ufo, just like in real life.