Will adding ethernet shield reduce the IO count of Arduino?

My project requires

| S.No. | IO Type | IO Qty |
|-------+---------+--------|
| 1     | AI      |     11 |
| 2     | DI      |      9 |
| 3     | DO      |     11 |

I intend to connect this arduino board via ethernet shield to a network. I want to receive data over the network for display and storage purposes on a PC.

Questions:

• What Arduino board should I select?
  • Will ESP8266 be compatiable with the suggested model?
  • Are there any pitfalls that should be considered when making the selection for this design

if you use any shields it will reduce some pin use you will need to review the shield to see what pins it is using but the esp8266 is wifi and not a shield and you will need to connect to arduino as per its info

That's too many analog inputs for an Uno or other '328p-based board.

I think you're looking at a job for a Mega2560. This also has the advantage of multiple hardware serial ports, so you can connect the ESP8266 without using software serial (which sucks) or the only hardware serial port on smaller arduino boards.

ESP8266 serial adapter will work with any arduino that you can get a usable serial port on (either via software serial, disconnecting the ESP8266 while uploading a sketch, or by using a board with multiple hardware serial ports, like the mega2560)

I wrote you an answer on stackexchange, but for discustion is this forum better

if you want use Mega with esp8266 than maybe this board is good for you. I can guide you how to use it.

@Juraj, Thanks for your answer on stackexchange. I understand that you recommend Mega2560 with Wifi shield?
Can you please suggest the part number of the wifi shield or serial connector (sorry, I'm a newbie here)

prasannarajaram:
@Juraj, Thanks for your answer on stackexchange. I understand that you recommend Mega2560 with Wifi shield?
Can you please suggest the part number of the wifi shield or serial connector (sorry, I'm a newbie here)

Did you click the link he posted? He posted a link to a board that integrates a mega2560, CH340G serial adapter, and ESP8266 wifi onto a single board, which connects to your computer via a standard USB cable. That does indeed look like a very attractive option, especially at that price.

Juraj:
if you want use Mega with esp8266 than maybe this board is good for you. I can guide you how to use it.

Thanks a lot Juraj.
I think this is a good place to start.
Thanks for extending your support. I will request it, when needed.

if you want original Arduino board and shield, then original Mega with Ethernet2 or WiFi shield

Juraj:
I wrote you an answer on stackexchange, but for discustion is this forum better

Please provide a link to the StackExchange page.

…R

Robin2:
Please provide a link to the StackExchange page.

...R

the question and answer on stackexchange