wireless mini water pump controlled by smartphone

hey guys,

first of all am new to arduino.

i wish to build a mini water pump that can be switched on/off by a smart phone (wireless)
i did some research on esp modules, how to make a mini water pump.
please i need guidance on how to go about the process.

thanks

Since you mentioned switching on/off, I guess your pump will need an electric motor of some sort. I have small motor/pump combination for my bird waterer. If I added a relay, I could switch it on/off. Is this what you have in mind?

Paul

you're right paul, but how can i control it from my smartphone(wireless), what tools do i need??? :slight_smile:

how can i control it from my smartphone(wireless), what tools do i need???

You need to start studying. All your questions have been answered before, you just need to put in some effort to find them.

TKall:
You need to start studying. All your questions have been answered before, you just need to put in some effort to find them.

I guess that's why i have you around. Asking questions is also part of studying right??

Learn how to ask yourself questions...the figure out the answers.

To simplify, you can break your design into different problems that can be solved independently:

• Control Locally: Create an application that turns a pump on/off
  • Communicate: Add an wireless interface for the Smartphone
  • Control Remotely: Add an wireless interface for the Smartphone

1. Resolve the control problem which is where you'll have to do most of your thinking. Here is a post where someone is working on code to turn a pump on/off, so don't worry... there are resources out there to help you.

2. Now make your board communicate. Here is a tutorial for an add-on board (TapNLink) that can be used to communicate with Bluetooth between your Arduino and your smartphone.

The good thing about this add-on is that you can add it after you develop the part in Step 1 which controls the motor/pump.

1. Then, you'll see from the TapNLink add-on board tutorial, that when you configure TapNLink to communicate with your Arduino, it will automatically create an app for you.

In this case steps, 2 and 3 are practically done for you. Very easy.

Let me know if you try this. Really interested in knowing if it works for you.

Easiest on the pump side: ESP-01 + relay module, those modules come ready made, just stick in your pre-programmed ESP-01 and wire it up (5V / USB power supply; pump wires to the appropriate relay contacts).
Have it connect to WiFi so it can receive commands that way. Blynk is a good way to communicate the moment you're connected to the Internet.

Google "arduino smartphone control X" for lots of projects that control X.

Indeed, "pump" works for X.