XCTU interfacing with XBee help

Hello
So I'm doing a project which involves a little robot that goes forwards and backwards. I have been able to do it with a raspberry pi (don't hate, python is my favorite language) and wireless keyboard, but now i'm attempting to use an arduino with xbees to control it. So far, I have a USB explorer for my mac and a xbee shield on the arduino. I am using 2 60 mW xbees.

I have loaded the latest XCTU on my mac (too long to explain how to all the other mac users who can't load XCTU) and I have discovered the USB explorer Xbee and then went on to use that as a connection to search for the xbee in the shield. As you can guess this is all peer to peer. When i click on the shield xbee, it says something like no communications console. I think its because the arduino is not running any code

My question is does anyone have any code that they used to control the two xbees? Im a little new to arduino and I would truly appreciate a small step by step to get them working. I would like something like when I press w in the XCTU console the robot goes forwards. Any code you can provide (with comments to guide me through bc newb XD) would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks!

PS: Im using an authentic UNO to control an h-bridge

It sounds to me like you are trying to program the XBee on the shield, using the XBee on the USB explorer. That is NOT the way to do it. The XBee on the shield needs to be removed and put on the USB explorer device, for configuring.

Nope. I have done everything (finally) and it is up and running. I honestly just had no clue what to do. There is no substitute for good ol due diligence :slight_smile:

So how did you get it to work?