sam33339999:
My YUN is "ARDUINO.ORG" but I use arduino.cc upgrade image
and use SSH to update it.

then...

My wifi bottom can't work.

This surprises you? ? ?

ieee488:
This surprises you? ? ?

You seem to have a personal vendetta against Arduino.org. If you have nothing helpful to say, why reply?

@sam Sorry I cannot help either but i hope you sort it out.

sam33339999:
My YUN is "ARDUINO.ORG" but I use arduino.cc upgrade image

Are you talking about the 1.6.2 upgrade image? If so, did you read the important note in the first paragraph of the Yún sysupgrade tutorial?

If you have a Yún with an older firmware: (1.5.3) before proceed you need to to upgrade the bootloader following the bootloader update procedure. If you don't upgrade the bootloader first, your Yún will become unusable. After you have upgraded, you can proceed to install the new image following the next steps in common with Yún Shield:

Same problem - no more Yun then ?

Is it then just for the trash can?

I've check the version an it said something like attitude adjustment 1 luci 011 - no where could I find a version number stating 1.5.3 !?
now I'm stucked at the uboot promt - with no working network interfaces.. damn.

Nothing to do about it ?!
if so.. thats just to stupid Arduino !

BlueHawk:
I've check the version an it said something like attitude adjustment 1 luci 011 - no where could I find a version number stating 1.5.3 !?

The first sticky thread at the top of this forum is an (out of date) upgrade announcement. From the fourth reply in that thread:

now I'm stucked at the uboot promt - with no working network interfaces.. damn.

Nothing to do about it ?!

The first paragraph of the 1.6.2 upgrade tutorial warns you that you have to update the bootloader. Did you look at it? Apparently not, even though the link is in the post immediately before yours. Read the first paragraph, doesn't the comment about something wrong with Linux sound a bit like your situation?

If you keep reading, it tells you how to re-install everything from scratch, using the uboot prompt. So, if you are stuck at the uboot prompt, you're basically all set to do the procedure.

I'm sorry to sound short or sarcastic, but the information you need is only one click away by following the links on this thread. I gave you the link to the answer. I'm not going to paste the entire procedure in here, you have to put in a little effort on your own - I don't think clicking a link is too much to ask. I can forgive once, but back when you downloaded the system update, you also apparently didn't bother to click on the link for the installation instructions either - it was right next to the download link. So this is strike two. I won't respond to strike three - you're out.

thats just to stupid Arduino !

It's not their fault you aren't reading the directions they provided.

Hi there Shapeshifter.

Got My Yun running with latest firmware update … all on my own and without having read Your Sarcastic comment - I Am pretty sure I read and understand the warning about updating - if firmware was a to old firmware. but I must have missed this > “cat /etc/arduino/openwrt-yun-release”

and this:

If files does not exists, then you running Linino. If it exists, it will print a date: compare it from the list of date in the changelog.

I just recently bought the board from my Arduino dealer. > So not being able to find anything on my Yun stating V 1.5.3 or less… I took the chance and hoped that my board was equipt with more up to date firmware -than was the case. A big error Yes.

Yes You sound short or sarcastic :wink: and sounds so in other posts I’ve read. Is that really necessary ? tzz tzz :wink:

Well I suppose we all have our own personal rhetoric style when writing. I surely have my own to :wink:
So no I didn’t get scared away from this forum by Your way of writing “Your are a clown” :slight_smile: I know I am - sometimes…

But anyway I thank You for commenting my post in this tread and hope You will do it again - if I should run into an other problem with programming - using and updating My “Arduino’s”.

Cheers !

I love open-source - runs Linux on all my computers - and just love all of my Arduino-boards