Arduino based home intercom(USING WI FI ONLY)

Hello Guys I am new here So kindly be gentle.I was tinkering with the idea of using arduino +mic+speaker to build a simplex (single sided) communication device.I was able to get my hands on a good library which saves the data from mic into a .wav format.Now the problem for me is to transfer this .wav format file to another arduino acting as a receiver.I could possibly do it with both arduinos connected to internet but I want to transfer these files without using internet thereby eliminating the need for internet.I am thinking of using one arduino as server(NOTE server not web server ) and the other as client.Using this configuration establisihing a communication path between the two.Any help would be appreciated

Hi, @ahwas
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".

If you want to avoid internet/WiFi hub, google Peer to Peer connection.
What model Arduino are you aiming to use?
It will need to be faster than a UNO or Nano and have WiFi for transmitting.

I haven't tried audio wav with Arduino, but some may have and may pop up here.

Tom.... :+1: :coffee: :australia:

Hi,
This may help, using a Nano as a walkie talkie, no wav file.

Thanks.. Tom... :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

I've not tried what you are doing but if I were I'd probably try with a D1 mini and send the voice packets using UDP.

For real time applications like voice it is usual to use UDP because it is a 'send and forget' protocol, there is no error checking, delivery checking or any of the other fancy stuff that comes with TCP. If a voice packet is lost you can't send it again, it's too late, you just have to carry on.

Its the first time i have heard of this protocol forgive me if Im wrong The problem what I face with your solution is it requires internet .I want to build this device which does not require internet.

It doesn't require the internet. You run it as a local network, either with the ESP8266s acting as WiFi points to each other or with a router for them all to connect to, no internet connection required.

There's also ESPNow (I think), which provides an easy way to pass data between different ESP devices, but I can't tell you anything much about it as I've never used it.

Get 2 (or more) D1 Minis and go through the tutorials for passing UDP packets between them.

TYSM for your insight