Bidirectional cummunication NRF24L01 (Pro Mini) - cause Arduino Pro Mini?

Hi everyone

I have troubles getting the NRF24L01's working with the Arduino Pro Mini's. I red sites and forums about this subject, but none gave me an answer.

Consider a simple program for bidirectional communication. I've tried the following tests and these are my findings;

1. NRF modules with Arduino Uno's: bidirectional communication works perfect! 2. NRF modules with 1xUno and 1xProMini: communication works from Uno to Mini but not in the other direction (no data transmission from Mini to Uno). 3. NRF modules with Pro Mini's: no response.

I assume there is something about these Pro Mini's that just doesn't get the job done. On this forum, there are more people with the same problem. It's striking that these problems occure when people are trying to communicate with different ┬ÁC's (e.g. Uno/nano/pro mini/RPi/...)

CamielDG: I assume there is something about these Pro Mini's that just doesn't get the job done.

I would not assume that at all.

The processor on a Arduino UNO is the same as on a Pro Mini, the ATMega328.

The only typical difference in the processors (as far as the IDE is concerned) is that the Pro Minis usually have access to the analogue only pins A6 and A7.

The Pro Mini does have a regulator that can only deliver circa 200mA at best, so using an external regulator may help.

Use a decent power supply for the NRF, the 3.3V of the Mini is probably too weak.

Sometimes a capacitor on the power pins of the module helps, but a solid power supply is much better.

Try powering the nRF24 with a pair of AA alkaline cells (3v) with the battery GND connected to the Arduino GND.

...R Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

Hi everyone

Thank you for responding to my question. I have found the time to test everything with an external power supply. Everything works fine now!

BR!