Code for a quick and dirty 3.2 touch screen "touch" test

Hello all. I am getting a ADS7843 compatible touch panel controller 3.2 LCD screen shortly and I would like to run code asap to test it out. I am trying to do 100 things here while learning from scratch and I have only been here a week. I am putting all my time and effort (trying to stay focused) on Bootloading/Burning (for multiple chip setups), Coding (3 LED's to blink will suffice for now to get me warmed up and comfortable), Compiling that code......then the controller and LCD on the 30th... should arrive and I am set! The thing is, as soon as the LCD arrives, I would like to upload some code to test it and get that out of the way in case there are warranty issues. Not looking for anything fany, just maybe 5 x's (one in each corner and one in the middle) to test the touch.

If you know where to find coding, pleae let me know. I may fall into it before then but the help would be appreciated if you know off the top of your head, thanks.

Off to more reading, lol

Hi 1ArduinoFan.

Been around for an entire week already and still haven't found this out yet ? Shame on you.

The code you're looking for is:

Slow down

If you really like to learn, have been blinking 3 LEDs so far, what about having those 3 LEDs blink in their own independent speed ? Or have them glow up and down, light one up before the last one is off, there's tons of things you can try here that will help you build your skills.

Speaking of tons of things, there's also tons of displays. What display are you getting ? Doesn't your supplier support the thing with examples ?

I think the UTFT and UTouch libraries by Henning Karlsen might support this chip.

See:

http://henningkarlsen.com/electronics/library.php?id=52 http://henningkarlsen.com/electronics/library.php?id=56

Run the UTouch calibration sketch, which puts +'s on the screen in different places to calibrate his UTouch library.

MAS3:
Hi 1ArduinoFan.

Been around for an entire week already and still haven’t found this out yet ?
Shame on you.

The code you’re looking for is:

Slow down

If you really like to learn, have been blinking 3 LEDs so far, what about having those 3 LEDs blink in their own independent speed ?
Or have them glow up and down, light one up before the last one is off, there’s tons of things you can try here that will help you build your skills.

Speaking of tons of things, there’s also tons of displays.
What display are you getting ?
Doesn’t your supplier support the thing with examples ?

Hey MAS3, hows it going? Well, I dont like that code. I have people to see, bridges to burn and horses to buy!!

Well, I dont think I will be getting all into Arduino for the most part. I am only around long enough to make an aquarium controller and then I am off to … I dont know, scrape paint off the ceiling, lol?

I believe it is this one (looks like it physically) http://www.elecfreaks.com/store/32-tft-lcd-screen-module-tft0132-p-113.html . It says it is a 3.2" TFT LCD Screen Module: TFT01-3.2 unit but I am getting it from some place in NY thats just kicking them out the door so I am not sure what it comes with. I didn’t know you needed something until after I ordered it. See what a only a week by yourself will get you, lol :slight_smile:

Hi arduinodlb, thanks for the links, I will take a look, I really appreciate you posting them for me. I wonder what they will look like when I finally get to them, lol, but I was looking for something reeeeeeal simple. I hope its not too complicated, but, hey, what is this place without a challange? :slight_smile: I wonder how simple (not that I have time to build it as the first project) it would be to make a sketch where you could maybe touch the 5 spots and turn the “X”'s from one color to another? I think I saw something somewhere where it said there is an example for sketch/drawing or something? I will bet those links might have something like that? Hopefully I can get to them soon, but, like I said, I am looking at how to “make” code. I dont want to waste time on the LCD screen now, but was hoping if someone knew of a sketch off the top of their head, it would be real helpful. I know i could also do a google search, but, again, not in the right direction at the right time.

Okay, 12 hours of straight studying so far and just babbling incessantly away, off to do more studying, seeeesh!! :slight_smile:

Thanks again everyone.