Converting DUE DAC analog output to 0-10V

Hello
In my project I need to make an analog output which will be used by PLC. For example I have a value which is from range 0-100 and I want to scale it to analog value.
I know how I can divide (value)/(256 or 4096 ) but the problem is that Due's analog output is from range 0,55V to 2,75V ( as the manual says).
So how I can convert it to 0-10V.
If it was for example 0-3V it would just need a converter to 0-10 but if it starts from 0,55V I have no idea.

I recommend you ask a moderator to move your post to the General Electronics sub forum. The Arduino is not relevant for your question.

You may read this How to modify analog output range of Arduino Due

Use an op amp circuit. Google it. The 0.55V offset can be compensated for with a simple addition to an op amp in a linear amplifier configuration. There are many ways of introducing a DC offset to an op amp circuit, so you need to browse and figure out which one is best for you.

Firstly add circuit to output the DAC full range (0V <-> 3.3V), then an op amp to convert the output to 0V <-> 10V:

Okay if I buy for example PCF8591 module:

And I will supply it with 5V from DUE's pin will the analog output be 0-5V?
If it will be true then what is the EASIEST and fastest way to convert that 0-5V to 0-10V ?

As datasheet says PCF8591 has max supply voltage 6V.
Maybe it makes sense to see another one One Channel 0-10V DAC I2C Digital To Analog Converter

Yeah it's nice but you know it's almost $40. The PCF is $3 :smiley: so i preffer to use this one

Yes, as we can see the additional 5V is very expensive. :slight_smile:
As a minimum, you need an operational amplifier. If you do not need high conversion accuracy, you can take the popular LM358.
Take a look here to get started 0-5V to 0-10V signal converter.
This circuit could be even simpler. Below is the minimal option.

1 Like

Hey I just got the PCF 8591 module. The supply voltage is 2,5-6V. When I connect it to Arduino Due 5v and GND it turns on but gets really hot after a second. When i connect it to 3,3V and GND it's the same. Faulty sensor or I have to change something here ?

Did you just start another thread relating to this board getting hot?
Paul

Maybe you have detailed photo of your connections?

Other post/duplicate DELETED
Please do NOT cross post / duplicate as it wastes peoples time and efforts to have more than one post for a single topic.

Continued cross posting could result in a time out from the forum.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

There is no need for photos really. I just connect VCC - 3.3V or 5V and GND to GND :smiley:
I will write to the seller then.

Okay sorry, won't happen again

So many people come here and say that. Then after they eventually post images, an obvious error is spotted immediately.

Hopefully you can replace or repair your module. There is a good article about this module PCF8591.
Keep in mind that the PCF8591 itself has a small drawback - a weak load ability. With a load of 10kΩ, it can provide not full Vout but only 0.9 Vdd.
However, the module you purchased has an even greater disadvantage - the LED is connected to its Aout. This is a catastrophe! It will have to be removed.
Warning from the mentioned article.
Warning

@Boffin
I will have a new one from the seller tomorrow so maybe It will work without soldering..
Anyway I also need to convert 8 digital outputs from DUE to be usable for a PLC (24VDC).
I just ordered this board:
https://electropeak.com/learn/download/tlp281-4-channel-optocoupler-module-datasheet/

And I just want to be sure that it will work the way I want it to work :smiley:
So
INPUT SIDE of module
NC 3.3V
GND GND
IN1-4 Digital outputs from DUE - 3.3V

OUTPUT SIDE
HVCC -24VDC from plc
GND - GND from PLC
OUT1-OUT4 - These will be 0/24V digital outputs which I can use with PLC.

I just want to make sure I did not make any msitake with that. I am using this board more for a "converting" side rather than isolation but isolation is also good option.

This board will work.
However, I would like to make some comments.
NC means not connected, it does not need to be connected.
Optocouplers are quite current hungry, each input will draw from the Due 3300/220 = 15mA of current. This is the limit for Due. Eight inputs will take 120mA, but 130mA is the limit for all Due outputs.
This is a very dubious decision, I would not recommend doing this.
It may be better to use 2 pieces of LM339, LM239 or LM2901.

Ehh firstly i wanted to do it on a 8-relay board which I have and It's easy to do it but the project will be used at university lab and the university doctor said that the relays will "click" and maybe I will do it in other way...
So I want to do it in the EASIEST way because I'm not good at electronics, better in electric stuff :smiley:
So you say that i should use the comparator so for example LM339 will it work like that :confused:

And if it will be as easy as it is then do I need some extra stuff some isolators or anything else ? I will use these 0/24V outputs just as signals.

@Boffin as i Said tomorrow i will have new A/C from the seller, today I tried to unsolder the things from the article and still when i connect it to 5v supply the arudibo goes off after a second so there must be some mistake in connections at this board.