Device Descriptor Request Failed

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my Arduino Uno (extreme newbie here). It shows Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) at the device manager. The green and orange LED is on when I connect it.

I have googled this issue and found that most people have it resolved by the same few steps (update driver>browse my computer for driver software>select program files (x86)\arduino\drivers, searched for the inf file, include subfolder etc).

However, it still shows 'the best drivers for your device are already installed.

I have tried multiple USB ports on two different computers and still got the same results.

This happened as I was connecting the wires at different port to test an LED.

Anyone able to share with me how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

If it is a clone board then you may need additional drivers such as these

Dont use USB 3.0 ports.

Try different USB cables as they can go bad very easily.

hello,

I have tried different usb ports/cables and different laptops to connect and still faced the same issue. This arduino uno has been working fine for quite awhile and the issue only came when I was reconnecting some wires from it to a relay board. Have I accidentally shorted it and caused it to be damaged?

Are there any other methods to rectify this issue?

Thanks!

If you think you shorted it somehow then it doesn't take much to destroy a board.

Only you know if you did anything that could short it out. And changing components when the board is powered up is a sure way to let the magic smoke out.

Make sure to unplug all wires, devices, and shields from the Arduino board.

OK I got mine working i downloaded the CHSER341 drivers and i realized i did not have the usb cable fully connected into the board. Press firmly on the connector on the board to give some leverage and make sure the USB connector slides all the way in.