dimensions of UNO

Hi,

I am trying to select an enclosure for a project and am looking for the specifications of the physical dimension of the UNO.

the enclosure will need to have room for at least one shield. it seems that every shield could be a different height so that would complicate things a bit.

I did find a plan view of the board over at a different thread Re: Duemilanove engineering drawings
but it was wrong. the locations of the pins was wrong, specifically the top row.

I know I can measure my current boards, but that that does not offer anything other than what I have. I was hoping for a manufacturing spec that anyone making boards would try to follow. like a maximum allowable height.

The dimensions of the board, including the mounting hole locations, are published. These are needed to cut out the board and drill the holes.

The height of the components installed on the board is not a function of the schematic. You need to get out a ruler. There is no maximum allowable height.

Here are the dimensions from Eagle in mm.

CrossRoads,

Did you use some processor or just clicked mouse to find the locations, just curious if there is a faster way?

Here's a drawing I did some time ago, it doesn't have the R3 connector sizes but nobody has said any dimensions are wrong after a couple of years so it should be pretty good.

www.robgray.com/temp/Arduino-PCB-dimensions.pdf

Note that it is essentially an imperial design, so metric values are rounded to .5mm

AFAIK there is no official documentation of this nature, just an X time Y inches in the product page blurb.

Rob

I opened the board file in eagle and copied the dimension numbers from the properties for the different lines & holes.

dave-in-nj:
I am trying to select an enclosure for a project and am looking for the specifications of the physical dimension of the UNO.
the enclosure will need to have room for at least one shield. i

Nobody is going to give you a sensible answer on the information you have given. The physical dimensions of the Uno need only be rough, the heights of shields vary substantially, and that may be only part of the height problem. The other part is what plugs into it. You are far better off getting everything working, and then determine your own dimensions, and checking what's available. Making your own enclosure has a lot of things going for it, but price isn't necessarily one of them.

PaulS:
The dimensions of the board, including the mounting hole locations, are published. These are needed to cut out the board and drill the holes.

The height of the components installed on the board is not a function of the schematic. You need to get out a ruler. There is no maximum allowable height.

There should be to prevent mechanical interference with a possible shield attached.

There should be to prevent mechanical interference with a possible shield attached.

1. There are long pins available, if a shield needs to fit atop an Arduino or another shield that has tall stuff on it.
  2. OP's question involved shields, too. For a shield, there is, rightly, no maximum height restriction.

PaulS:

1. There are long pins available, if a shield needs to fit atop an Arduino or another shield that has tall stuff on it.
  2. OP's question involved shields, too. For a shield, there is, rightly, no maximum height restriction.

That then enters the realm of the shield conflicts around the "I must be the top shield".