HC SR501 Sensor detention block delay of 3 seconds

Hi all, I’m working out an smart lighting system with the help of HC SR501 to detect movement of the surrounding. The problem i faced with HC SR501 is the delay timing of 3seconds. http://henrysbench.capnfatz.com/henrys-bench/arduino-sensors-and-input/arduino-hc-sr501-motion-sensor-tutorial/#attachment wp-att-2127/0/
This link has a good explanation of the sensor, however is there any possible code to reduce the detention blocked 3secs?

int SENSOR=3;
int LED =13;
void setup() 
{
  pinMode(SENSOR,INPUT);
  pinMode(LED,OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
  int sense = digitalRead(3);
  if(sense ==0)
  {
    analogWrite(13, map(23,20,100,0,255)); 
  }
  else
  {
    analogWrite(13, map(70,20,100,0,255));
  }
  //digitalWrite(13, digitalRead(3));
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

however is there any possible code to reduce the detention blocked 3secs?

If you change the hardware: yes. The time a trigger is inhibited is defined by the resistor and capacitor connected to pin 5 and 6 of the BISS0001. The time calculates as 24 * R33 * CY2 (schematic).

pylon:
If you change the hardware: yes. The time a trigger is inhibited is defined by the resistor and capacitor connected to pin 5 and 6 of the BISS0001. The time calculates as 24 * R33 * CY2 (schematic).

hi
in this post Welcome henrysbench.capnfatz.com - BlueHost.com mentioned many times that can override detection time from 3 to smaller number, Is there any way ?

I have similar problems as mentioned on the link below, can anyone help about this ?

I have similar problems as mentioned on the link below, can anyone help about this ?

In answer #1 I provided the solution. Did you read it?

Hi!

Here you can find more detailed information.

http://www.neufeld.newton.ks.us/electronics/?p=208

Best regards.

Let me attach to this thread.

I observed the following behaviour: if my HC-SR501 detects any motion while in detention time (approx 4secs in my case), it will unexpectedly trigger right after the detention time has elapsed.

I expected that the sensor ignores any motion it might have detected while it had been within the detention period. Instead, it seems that the sensor memorizes the suppressed trigger and postphones it until the detention time has elapsed.

• Anyone who can confirm that this is normal behaviour for this sensor?
  • If it is normal, is there a reason for this behaviour?

Thnx, Armin.