How to do resistor color code when resistor starts and ends with same color?

please explain to me with details

What color code do you have that is the same on both ends?

Often, all the bands are closer to one end of the resistor than the other - in that case you start from the side closer to an end. Often the first band is on the slightly wider part of the resistor near the ends.

Also, there is sometimes a gap between the bands specifying the resistance, and the one band specifying the tolerance.

There are typically 4 to 5 bands. If the end bands are gold or silver, they are the end bands and indicate tolerance, like 1% or 10%. So start at the other end.
Black-Brown-Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet,, Black-Brown-ROYGBIV is how I remember them,
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
First 2 bands are the resistance, third is the power of ten to multiply by.
Say you had Red-Red-Red. That would be 2 2 2, or 22 x 10^2 = 2200 or 2.2K ohms.
Yellow - Blue - Yellow 4 7 x 10^4, 4 7 x 10*4, 470000 or 470K.
As I get older, I find the colors harder to see, so I check them with a multimeter most of the time now.
SMD parts I believe will just have 3 numbers printed on them, like 151, 15 * 10^1, 150 ohm.

Yellow - Blue - Yellow 4 7 x 10^4, 4 7 x 10*4, 470000 or 470K.

you mean "yellow - violet - yellow" , I guess :wink:

black - marron - red - orange - yellow - green - blue - violet - grey - white
is the order I know

for 5 and 6 bands resistors, it's alittle tricky if tolerance is +-5% (yellow) - Then the left side (the beginning) is the side where there is less space between the first 2 bands - Like CrossRoads, I'm getting older now and I prefer to make sure with a multimeter ....

Marron is called brown in English.

alnath:
you mean "yellow - violet - yellow" , I guess :wink:

black - marron - red - orange - yellow - green - blue - violet - grey - white
is the order I know

on the resistor I have the colors brown,brown,black,black,brown if we see from one side and brown,black,black,brown,brown if we see from other side. how can i know the value of resistor now?

Measure it.

Are those bands symmetrical? Often the tolerance is further away from the other bands. Post a picture.

Grumpy_Mike:
Marron is called brown in English.

oups, sorry :slight_smile:
anyway, the mistake was 'blue' instead of 'violet'

@Saikrishna , as I said before, and as Mike says in better words, the spaces between the bands should not be all the same

alnath:
oups, sorry :slight_smile:
anyway, the mistake was 'blue' instead of 'violet'

@Saikrishna , as I said before, and as Mike says in better words, the spaces between the bands should not be all the same

thank you for your help. Now I got to know the solution for my question. :slight_smile:

Yep, I missed by one color. Being a little reg-green color blind doesn't help 8)