how to push program to Ethernet shield without Uno

Hi all,

The question is how to push my program to Arduino Ethernet without Uno. Do I need to use serial port ?
The second question is does the Arduino Ethernet can be use in standalone (without Arduino Uno) after my program is pushed ?

Many Thanks

bpoultier:
The question is how to push my program to Arduino Ethernet without Uno.

You can't.

bpoultier:
The second question is does the Arduino Ethernet can be use in standalone (without Arduino Uno) after my program is pushed ?

No.

According to the manual you have two methods to upload.

One is to use the serial headers and the other is to use the ICSP.

Both will require additional hardware but once you load your sketch up to it then it can be used as a stand alone device.

It is possible to program the Arduino Ethernet board in two ways: through the 6 pin serial programming header, or with an external ISP programmer.

@ballscrewbob, OP is talking about a shield.

@OP
Code is not uploaded to a shield but to the Arduino that the shield is connected to.

At all, thanks for the reply, I will try to upload program with a serial/usb converter

I've see a video where the board is standalone here:

It 's little bit different than "Shield Ethernet SunFounder W5100 pour Arduino UNO R3 Mega 2560 1280 A057" that I have. Do I need to add a micro SDcard into ?

:wink:

That video shows two different products: the Arduino Ethernet and an Ethernet shield.

My original reply was based on the title of your post "how to push program to Ethernet shield". The Ethernet shield can not be used as a standalone Arduino board. It only provides an Ethernet controller to a separate Arduino board like the Uno.

ballscrewbob's reply was based on the text of your post "how to push my program to Arduino Ethernet". The Arduino Ethernet is a standalone board, like an Uno and an Ethernet shield on a single PCB.

bpoultier:
It 's little bit different than "Shield Ethernet SunFounder W5100 pour Arduino UNO R3 Mega 2560 1280 A057"

That is an Ethernet Shield, not an Arduino Ethernet, so you can't use it as a standalone board. You need to connect it to a separate Arduino board (e.g., Uno, Mega, Leonardo), and upload the sketch to that board.

bpoultier:
I will try to upload program with a serial/usb converter

There is no way to upload a program to the Ethernet Shield. The Uno, Mega, Leonardo, etc. board that you will connect your Ethernet Shield to already has a serial/usb converter onboard, so you won't need one.

bpoultier:
Do I need to add a micro SDcard into ?

The SD card can be useful to store data like a large web page you want to serve from the Arduino. This is why many Ethernet Shields come with an SD slot. But an SD card isn't required to use the Ethernet Shield.

Many Thanks to all. It's clear right now
Regards from France !