how to wire my pump with this g3mb-202p omron relay?

Hi, it may be silly to ask this. But i need to, as i so far still failed to connect it. My project is simple, turn on the pump and off with relay.

My relay and pump is this one

|500x500 |500x500

My trouble is when my relay said to stop my pump is still keep running and too fast.

I use 9V battery as power supply, and my failed wiring is this

DC+ to 5V pin DC- to GRD pin Ch1 to digital 10 pin

A1 to battery negatif side B1 to pump negatif side Battery positif side connected to pump positif side

My code:

/*-----( Import needed libraries )-----*/
/*-----( Declare Constants )-----*/
#define RELAY_ON 0
#define RELAY_OFF 1
/*-----( Declare objects )-----*/
/*-----( Declare Variables )-----*/
#define Relay_1  10  // Arduino Digital I/O pin number
//#define Relay_2  3
//#define Relay_3  4
//#define Relay_4  5

void setup()   /****** SETUP: RUNS ONCE ******/
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
//-------( Initialize Pins so relays are inactive at reset)----
  digitalWrite(Relay_1, RELAY_OFF);
//  digitalWrite(Relay_2, RELAY_OFF);
//  digitalWrite(Relay_3, RELAY_OFF);
//  digitalWrite(Relay_4, RELAY_OFF);  

//---( THEN set pins as outputs )----  
  pinMode(Relay_1, OUTPUT);   
//  pinMode(Relay_2, OUTPUT);  
//  pinMode(Relay_3, OUTPUT);  
//  pinMode(Relay_4, OUTPUT);    
  delay(4000); //Check that all relays are inactive at Reset

}//--(end setup )---

void loop()   /****** LOOP: RUNS CONSTANTLY ******/
{
//---( Turn all 4 relays ON in sequence)---
  digitalWrite(Relay_1, RELAY_ON);// set the Relay ON
  Serial.println("on");
  delay(3000);              // wait for a second
//  digitalWrite(Relay_2, RELAY_ON);// set the Relay ON
//  delay(1000);              // wait for a second  
//  digitalWrite(Relay_3, RELAY_ON);// set the Relay ON
//  digitalWrite(Relay_4, RELAY_ON);// set the Relay ON
//  delay(4000);              // wait see all relays ON

//---( Turn all 4 relays OFF in sequence)---  
  digitalWrite(Relay_1, RELAY_OFF);// set the Relay OFF
  Serial.println("off");
  delay(6000);              // wait for a second
//  digitalWrite(Relay_2, RELAY_OFF);// set the Relay OFF
//  digitalWrite(Relay_3, RELAY_OFF);// set the Relay OFF
//  digitalWrite(Relay_4, RELAY_OFF);// set the Relay OFF
//  delay(4000);              // wait see all relays OFF  

}//--(end main loop )---

All your help is appreciated :)

Verbal descriptions of circuits are almost always lead to complete communication breakdowns. Please post a schematic diagram.

i dont really know how to make schematic diagram so... yeah i can only draw this kind of things

|500x281

Those seem to be AC solid state relays. SSR data sheet

can't be done. you have a DC pump and an AC relay.

the solid state relay has words on the side that say AC LOAD 240

just realized that you can take your line voltage and put in a regular electrical box and put in a receptacle for a plug. get a double wide box and mount your relay inside.

wire the receptacle through the relay.

turn the relay on and off and your receptacle will come on and off.

then put in a wall wart that has output voltage as needed for the pump.

but do check the data sheet for that exact model. it says 230 AC, not 120/230 it may require 230 VAC, means it would be intended for the european market.

blockhunt: i dont really know how to make schematic diagram so... yeah i can only draw this kind of things

|500x281

that is excellent. we get real krazy things, but your lines are clear and well marked. helps us understand . only thing you could do better is label the battery voltage

it means i just need to use relay that output in DC? Any idea what relay i should use for my pump?. As i will use peristaltic pump and normal water pump

I am kinda confused choosing the fitting relay as i don't really understand electricity much like how many volt my pump need.

This relay said 240V so it's around that?

Thanks dave-in-nj for your kind words :D ,i am glad mine is not crazy

Hi, Can you post details of your pump please?

Thanks.. Tom.. :)

Detail of what Tom?

I don't quite get what do you want

In order to help choose a relay or other driver for a motor one needs to know the rated voltage of the motor and the stall current of the motor (locked rotor current). Stall current can be estimated if the winding resistance is known. Also if the motor only turns in one direction, a properly rated MOSFET might be a more efficient driver than a relay.

like thisPUMP SWITCH.JPG

groundfungus: In order to help choose a relay or other driver for a motor one needs to know the rated voltage of the motor and the stall current of the motor (locked rotor current). Stall current can be estimated if the winding resistance is known. Also if the motor only turns in one direction, a properly rated MOSFET might be a more efficient driver than a relay.

not sure if this is the data sheet, just something that seemed to look the same. http://tinkersphere.com/motors-wheels/468-peristaltic-water-pump-6v-dc-food-safe.html another thing about using a FET is that you can PWM (vary the speed) of a motor. for a peristaltic pump, I think you need to watch rotation and then cycle per stroke, there is no benefit to run it slowly as the pump releases pressure on the stroke, and is not variable.

I don't really know the voltage needed by my pump, as there is nothing like that on the pump even it's name like it's manufacturer or something like that. Maybe it's 6V? I guess 9V battery is too much then

So it's better to put it on PWM digital pin? As yes i need the pump to run for specific time and at specific speed

Funny things is that my pump back then running so fast it's even make the pipe go out from it's place. So i guess it's too fast

where do you buy your pump ? if you bought it from a web page, then that page should list the voltage.

I found one that seemed close

http://tinkersphere.com/motors-wheels/468-peristaltic-water-pump-6v-dc-food-safe.html

i don't know where, it's not me who bought it. I just borrow it from my teacher for my project, i guess i should ask him.

But if i may ask for opinion? Is regular water pump is good enough for this: Pumping already equally mixed solution A & B to the nutrient solution of hydroponic

Because back then i though different kind, pumping undiluted solution A & undiluted solution B separately to the nutrient solution And then my teacher give me this peristaltic pump because i need to be accurate

So the teacher gave you a low voltage DC pump and a high voltage AC (mains power) relay module.

That relay module can't be used for a battery powered pump. Leo..

i see, well i guess i need to buy different relay then.
Do you know which one will be good for my project?

You might not even need a relay module for a small low voltage pump. A logic mosfet or NPN transistor with a few resisors and diode is all you need. Ask your teacher, or Google "Arduino pump driver". Leo..

do you feel you must use a relay ?

you can use a logic level FET

logoc level FET.jpg