IRsend with KY-005 not working

Hey everyone, I am trying to control my LED strip RGB controller with my arduino by sending it IR codes via a KY-005. I read the codes via an IR receiver and it told me the OFF code is 0xF740BF (NEC) and it was sent with 32 bits.
When I upload the IRsend example code to the arduino, I get the output in the serial monitor but the LED strip does is still on, even after a few minutes:

#include <IRremote.h>

IRsend irsend;

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  for (int i = 0; i < 3; i++) {
    irsend.sendNEC(0xF740BF, 32);
    delay(40);
  }
  Serial.println("SEND");
  delay(5000); //5 second delay between each signal burst
}

I ordered 5 KY-005 modules because I need more than one and I’ve already tested different ones, so either they are all broken or it’s not the fault of the module itself.
If someone can help me out with this I would really appreciate it.

Moved you to the correct section

You may want to READ THIS for future reference.
It will help you get the best out of the forum.

Bob.

Ok, I just did some more testing and I am even more confused. I'm using the same piece of code as in the question to send the IR code.
I used another Arduino with an IR receiver (which works with any of my remote controls) to test if that receiver can receive any signals from the KY-005. But unfortunately, it didn't receive anything.
I feel like either the piece of code above is not working, which is unlikely because it's the official example, or its wrong to connect the KY-005 to pin 3 on my Arduino Uno, or all 5 of my KY-005 are broken when they arrived a few days ago.

Do you know if the IR LED on the KY-005 is actually transmitting (lighting)? Most cell phone cameras are sensitive to IR and will show the LED lighting.

How is the KY=005 wired? Can you post a photo?

groundFungus:
Do you know if the IR LED on the KY-005 is actually transmitting (lighting)? Most cell phone cameras are sensitive to IR and will show the LED lighting.

It is not transmitting, none of the phones I tested with could measure anything.

groundFungus:
How is the KY=005 wired? Can you post a photo?

I wired it according to the diagram found here: KY-005 Infrared Transmitter Module - ArduinoModulesInfo
The "S" (signal) pin from the KY-005 goes into Arduino pin 3, the "-" pin from the KY-005 is ground and the third pin in the middle is the 5V pin. I also tried changing the signal and 5V pins around and nothing worked.