Laser Tag Project - Parts Advice needed

I have planned a laser tag project out, but as a person thats reasonably new to electronics (especially buying parts) I need some help. I will be making my order from Mouser in the UK.

1. I need some cheap connectors for parts connected by wire. Kind of unclipable things so any force pulling on the wire goes to teh chassis not the solder joints. I need one type with 6 pins (or more) and one type with 4 pins (or more). They need to be cheap, I have a tiny budget.

2. Is it best to make something semi permanent on perfboard or something? Don't know what to use here. Can someone recommend a part.

3. I'm going to need a bit of wire, recomended parts?

4. Need some headers to sit the tiny arduino on perfboard? (and to make it removeable). Which part is best? I probably need over 60 little headers overall as I'm making 2 laser tag guns).

5. Where can I purchase two small lenses for this type of project from?

Thanks for you help. H

hm1992:

1. I need some cheap connectors for parts connected by wire. Kind of unclipable things so any force pulling on the wire goes to teh chassis not the solder joints. I need one type with 6 pins (or more) and one type with 4 pins (or more). They need to be cheap, I have a tiny budget.

I would tend to think about RJ-45 plugs that are made for ethernet. They carry 8 wires, and at least in the US, you can find them at home improvement stores.

Beyond ethernet, you can get plastic connectors for any number of pins, such as: http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1905