macOS Big Sur, installation problem CreateAgent

Already been googling around, and I read that I am not the only one. Does anyone have a suggestion how to install create agent on MaxOs Big Sur (11.6). After opening the installer I get an error message (problem running post install). Already tried the suggestion in this link

Any help?
Regards

Hi @MeandMrsJones. Please post the full and exact text of the error. I see an error message in the linked article, but it is possible there might be a small but important difference in your error message.

I see the Arduino Create Agent developers are tracking a similar error here:

That report mentions the use of the Mac M1. are you also using an M1?

Sorry for my late reply.
MacBook Pro, 13-inch, M1,2020. Chip Apple M1. memory 8GB.
De installer wants to install the following : /Users/MyUsername/Applications/ArduinoCreateAgent
Then I get this error :
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly

Error running osascript -e "do shell script "security add-trusted-cert -d -r trustRoot -k /Library/Keychains/System.keychain /Users/MyUsername/Applications/ArduinoCreateAgent/ArduinoCreateAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ca.cert.pem" with administrator privileges": 0:231: execution error: SecTrustSettingsSetTrustSettings: The authorization was denied since no user interaction was possible. (1)

And then nothing is installed. Very weird.
Any suggestions ? Thanks.

It is the same issue the developers are tracking at https://github.com/arduino/arduino-create-agent/issues/637. Please see the latest official statement about the situation, which was made today:

https://github.com/arduino/arduino-create-agent/issues/637#issuecomment-981693114

Upon further investigation this is something we can't seem to be able to tackle unless InstallBuilder allows shell scripts to be executed.
There is a chain of trust which fails when launching an AppleScript invoking a Shell script.

For now, users who get this issue, please run this command in the terminal after installing the Agent

sudo security add-trusted-cert -d -r trustRoot -k /Library/Keychains/System.keychain /Users/$(whoami)/Applications/ArduinoCreateAgent/ArduinoCreateAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ca.cert.pem

Thank you.That is some progress. Now at least the app is installed in my application directory. But when I Click on it, nothing happend. No error message at all. I checked the preference pane regarding security to see if I have been asked for some kind of acceptance of a certificate, but nothing. Which step m I missing now? Thanks for your support.

Try using Arduino Web Editor now. Arduino Create Agent is a background application that facilitates the communication between the cloud-based Arduino Create and the Arduino board that is connected to your computer. The Arduino Create Agent doesn't do anything noticeable on its own.