max7219 8 segments + arduino nano - no display on/ not showing info from simhub

hi there! first at all im total amater just i like hobby electronic :slight_smile: so please in your answer describe exactly word by word what i shoul do etc.. thank you so much :slight_smile:
PS: all this messing with displays etc im doing by tutorials on youtube not by myself and coding is done straight from simhub
please iยดm trying to play with arduino nano (atmega328) and some stuff for simracing for myself :slight_smile:

now im trying out to complete 4x 8segment panel (as screen) but many times light on only one or two rows or blinking or only soemthing visible on segments etc
same like on this page:

so i put each vccto +5v on arduino board but it doesnt help
sometimes i can see some fragments showing correnct info which is simhub sending

powered by usb 3.0

arduino was working fine with 3 boards connected together of TM1638 (that green boards with LEDs under display)) and also with matrix 8x8 led... working fine with simhub
TM1638 3 boards

thanks for any info

Info? OK. There is a sticky post at the top of the forum section. If you read and follow it, all of it, there may be a chance that someone can help you.

More info: screws are made of metal, which is a conductor. If a screw touches two wires, it can cause a short circuit. Short circuits can damage components, or at least stop circuits working as intended.

PaulRB:
More info: screws are made of metal, which is a conductor. If a screw touches two wires, it can cause a short circuit. Short circuits can damage components, or at least stop circuits working as intended.

screw i put aditionally... same not working display was while i had only one 8segments connected to arduino ....and no screws not stick wires together (maybe on pics it look like :slight_smile: )

Nevertheless, remove all the screws and the posts underneath and try again!

If that does not work, check your soldering closely.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.