Motorcycle Anti-theft System

I would like to achieve the following effects with Arduino, and I will appreciate any help/ comments you can possibly offer:

[u]Context[/u] I own a beloved motorcycle and I would like to ensure my motorcycle is in a good condition, especially when the motorcycle is parked in the street and out of my sight. Project

1. I would like to be notified by sms or email with the explicit issue noted as [ISSUE FOR ATTENTION] when:

a. [Power Low] The motorcycle’s electric power is below 11V; and b. [Motorcycle Removed] The motorcycle is removed from its original location.

i. At the same time, the anti-theft system’s alarm will be turned on when the motorcycle is being moved.

ii. Through my phone, I can locate my motorcycle through GPRS in case of theft.

[u]Question[/u]

I currently have two sets of ARDUINO UNO learning kit. What other accessories or items do I need to purchase to achieve the above outcome?

Many thanks. ^_^

The most important item is not Arduino related: how to power your anti-theft system, so that cutting off the battery will not stop it from working?

You may need both GPS and GPRS/GSM modules to track and transmit the position.

I would recommend powering off of the motorcycle's battery, however it is worth asking what the battery charges up to. The arduino can handle up to 12v. If the battery voltage is higher, create a voltage regulating circuit.

To stop someone else from unplugging the system, you should mount it in the chassis of the motorcycle with the battery with a limit switch. When someone tries to open the battery compartment, you will receive a message (so right before they can disconnect the power).

Large parts of this country do not have cell phone coverage. If you are relying on your motorcycle calling you when it is moved, you'd best give it a kiss goodbye now.

Unless your country has much more reliable cell phone coverage than mine.

PaulS: Large parts of this country do not have cell phone coverage. If you are relying on your motorcycle calling you when it is moved, you'd best give it a kiss goodbye now.

Unless your country has much more reliable cell phone coverage than mine.

Sounds like you are in some third world country, PaulS. lol

MPU-6050 Accelerometer + Gyro might be something to think about as well to detect movement and a second battery, like lojack would use. This project would take a lot of time and a lot of effort on your part plus a monthly bill for phone service. A separate key switch to disable and possibly set some parameters. A GSM and GPS shield.

Good luck on your project.