My Fish Pond Controller

Still have a ways to go on getting my fish pond finished but I have got a few thing done.

1. The hole is dug. 2. The bridge is completed 3. Pump, fountain and most of the lights are bought.
  2. The controller is prototyped and program written. Have the rock and brick but still need good liner.

Has 6 buttons.
Button 1 - Sequence the Fountain Lights
Button 2 - Sequence the Pond Lights
Button 3 - Sequence the Waterfall Lights
Button 4 - Sequence the Rope Lights
Button 5 - Sequence the Flood Lights
Button 6 - Turn the Pump On / Off
Has one Probe for water level detection
Has photo resistor to detect ambient light
Has 2x16 IC2 LCD display
Has 2 each relay boards consisting of 8 relays on each board

May add temperature and proximity later with a few other things.

I have a metal bridge that will be under water to hold the fountain pump and lights. Its 12 feet in length and strong enough to walk on for maintenance. I used an old plow disc to make the fountain light fixture. The pond lights will sit on a shelf around the pond. Rope lights will enhance the bridge and lope lights will lay inside and outside the berm of the pond that will be paved with flat stones. The pond will be primarily on one side or the bridge and a bog area will accompany the waterfall with flood lights to illuminate the pond area and the bog area for maintenance. A water solenoid will keep the pond up to operating level.

pond3.ino (36.7 KB)

Pond Circuit Drawing.pdf (252 KB)

Is there a question here?

Weedpharma

Still have a ways to go on getting my fish pond finished but I have got a few thing done.

1. The hole is dug. 2. The bridge is completed 3. Pump, fountain and most of the lights are bought.
  2. The controller is prototyped and program written. Have the rock and brick but still need good liner.

did you order the water already? :wink:

I have a water well and all the rain we have had, I have had to keep it pumped out.

This morning I added a DHT11 to display Temp and Humidity every 10 seconds and reset the timer each time any button is pressed.

I’m sure that the code could be much simpler and any suggestions are welcome.

This is the first coding project I’ve done in about 10 years and I’m an old man just trying not to go stir crazy while trying to find a job.

pond5.ino (37.7 KB)

The 8 relay modules are active LOW. I think I will add a single relay so as not to apply JDVcc (relay power) until the output pins are all in their correct state.

Adding a low water alarm might be a nice feature also.