Need help displaying images on OLED

Hey all!
I have been using an Adafruit OLED display to display data from a bmp180 sensor and I want to display a custom splashscreen for a few seconds when the unit is powered up. In the example sketch for the SSD1305 library there is a default “ADAFRUIT INDUSTRIES” splashscreen but I want to design my own.

I am using the SSD1305 library and Adafruit GFX libraries.

This is the part of the example code that displays the default adafruit splashscreen:

void setup()   {                
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("SSD1305 OLED test");

// by default, we'll generate the high voltage from the 3.3v line internally! (neat!)
  display.begin();
  // init done

display.display(); // show splashscreen
  delay(1000);
  display.clearDisplay();   // clears the screen and buffer
}

What would the code in the setup() function look like if I wanted to replace the adafruit logo with my own? I am pretty sure I would have to define a bitmap array before the setup and somehow reference it in the setup to display the image but I need help creating the bitmap array for my own image and I am also not sure on how the code should be written to do so.

I am also confused by the example sketch because there is no array in the sketcg that creates the adafruit logo, only this line of code in the setup()

display.display // show splashscreen

Adafruit logo that I want to change to my own:

Condensed Question:

How do I create a bitmap array of an image and how do I integrate it into the code to display its image.

Any help would be very much appreciated :slight_smile:

-Skyler

Hi.

The logo is in the Adafruit_SSD1305.cpp file that came with the library. It's the part where all these 0x00 like stuff is. You need to convert your picture to that format. You can use LCD Assistant for that. I used that tool and it worked well for me (another display but that doesn't matter), i don't know about other, possible better tools.