Hello there.
I am looking for a small optical mouse sensor (>=2000 dpi/cpi) that can easily be connected to my Arduino Leonardo and that I can use to control the mouse cursor of my Windows 10 PC.
Background: I am handicapped and I need a very small (and also quick) mouse to control my PC. That's why I came up with the idea to build my own mouse with Arduino,
Have you got any ideas, tips or sensor suggestions?
Thank you very much.
Best wishes,
Michael
A Google of small tiny mouse brings up several extremely small mice both USB and wireless. I doubt you could build smaller. That said reading a USB mouse requires a USB Host which not all versions of Arduino have but there are USB Host Shields available. I believe the older Due boards had USB Host abilities. Not sure on most of this.
Ron
Thank you very much.
There's another question that bothers me: What are the requirements for a sensor to work with an Arduino? Does each sensor work or do certain connectors/pins/ports need to be present?
maddogi:
Thank you very much.
There's another question that bothers me: What are the requirements for a sensor to work with an Arduino? Does each sensor work or do certain connectors/pins/ports need to be present?
Pretty much. Depends on the sensor. Today's sensors output a wide range of signals such as a voltage or current proportional to their input. Some now even output data. Accuracy has improved while overall cost has gone down. So a sensor may use a digital pin, analog pin or the SDA & SCL pins. Some sensors may require signal conditioning to interface and some don't. Pretty wide worldof sensot options out there. 
Ron