I am new to the entire Arduino and electronics world and got some questions regarding a project I am currently working on.
I want to control two high-torque servo motors using a Arduino Nano. I already figured out, that I cannot use the Arduino to power the servos. Instead I have to use a external power source. I worked on a setup that hopefully works - but as I am a bloody rookie in those topics I'd like to get a sanity check from you guys
For my project I have some very specific requirements, one of them is that I need a very easy to switch and reloadable power source. I also need to use the entire torque of my servos.
Here is what I came up with:
- I gonna power the Arduino Nano as well as both servos from a Makita battery pack with 18V and 5Ah.
- Next I connect the battery to a DC-DC Step-down converter to go from 18V to 5V and 5A.
- From the converter I connect the Arduino Nano
- The servos will be powered directly
I tried to use this circuito.io to roughly draw my circuit - unfortunately I did not find a larger battery as well as a DC-DC converter in it. So please replace the battery pack with the one mentioned above (18V, 5Ah) and the L7805 with a proper DC-DC converter:
The parts I am planning to use are the following (plus the two capacitors as seen on the circuit):
- Battery: https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/BL1850B
- High-Torque Servos: https://www.exp-tech.de/motoren/servomotoren/8652/power-hd-high-torque-servo-1501mg - Datasheet
- DC-DC Converter: LAOMAO DC-DC Wandler einstellbar 4,5-30V 12A Spannungswandler Step down Converter : Amazon.de: Baumarkt
Will that work to run both servos off of one battery as well as the Arduino and is the circuit correct in that case when I use a DCDC-Converter instead of the linear one and the mentioned battery?
As I said, I am absolutely new to this entire topic, still try to get my head around it and read forums and blogs the last three days to get everything above somehow together.
Thank you all already for your valuable feedback and for helping me starting my first project