Powering multiple LED strips after Arduino and MSGEQ7

I programmed my 5050 SMD LED strip light to light up different colors according to frequency but i cant seem to amplify the signal with my RGB amplifiers. The voltage goes into the amplifier fine but then comes out bright white.

Can anyone give me advice on how to extend the RGB signal past the first LED strip? If i connect multiple strips it gets very dim.

This is the RGB amplifier i have that doesnt work: RGB Amplifier 4A/Ch Aluminum

So how have you got it wired up and what code are you using.
Remember that not all pins are capable of producing a PWM output.

Im running the audio signal from our macbook pro to the ttm57sl mixer then to the behringer DCX 2496 limiter equalizer. It comes out the back at the XLR port and im using an XLR to 3.5mm cable to the breadboard with the 3.5mm jack.

Then from the jack it goes to the MSGEQ7 chip and out to the arduino. Then back to the breadboard, through the mosfets, and out to the LED strip. This is all powered with a 12V power supply to the arduino.

The first strip works great but after the first one it dims considerably which i knew it would. So i purchased those RGB amplifiers which ive used in the past successfully. However, this time the output from the amplifiers is nothing but bright white. ~10v red, ~10v blue, and ~10v green while the input is bouncing all around like it should.

This is the tutorial im following: http://www.instructables.com/id/Blinking-LEDs-to-the-Frequency-of-Musi/

This is the link directly to the code: http://pastebin.com/wsHFADWe

I changed some settings in the code like which frequency channels we are using and the threshold level is much higher. Other than that, its pretty much that code.

Nobody?

:disappointed_relieved:

You have to give us something to go on.
Like a schematic of what you have wired up, not a link to something you are following and making changes to.
Also your code needs to be posted, and correctly at that.
Finally a photograph of the wiring could help us spot mistakes.

OK let me see what i can do.

The thing is, the code is good and the wiring is correct because it works exactly as its supposed to work. The problem is that i cant extend the signal. I'll get the exact code, pictures, and a schematic later today but i really think it has to do with finding another way to boost the RGB LED signal after the first LED strip.

Have you connected all the grounds of all the devices together?

and the wiring is correct because it works exactly as its supposed to work.

So you are doing something wrong with the extension. You are not telling us how you are doing that, a schematic of how the things are wired up to do the extension would be a good start.

Grumpy Mike, How am i not telling you how i am doing that? I explained exactly where the signal comes from, where it goes out, and how its being amplified. I listed the exact type of LED strip lighting im using. I listed the exact model of the LED RGB amplifier. I gave a link to the exact code im using. I gave a link to the exact wiring schematic im using. I even linked the exact parts list im using on that exact schematic.

So when you sit here and say "your not telling us how you are doing something wrong", exactly what are you talking about? What else is there to explain?

By the way, just for future reference in case anyone is having this problem in the future, i solved the issue. It was exactly what i thought it was from the very beginning, the LED RGB amplifier. Which, by the way, is clearly explained in my first post when i say the voltage coming into the amplifier is correct and coming out incorrect.

Use this amplifier: http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/10pcs-new-slim-mini-rgb-led-amplifier-for/141094266.html
Not this one: RGB Amplifier 4A/Ch Aluminum

Glad you got it working but:-

So when you sit here and say "your not telling us how you are doing something wrong", exactly what are you talking about? What else is there to explain?

What I, and everyone else, wanted to see was a schematic of how you wired it up. You seem very reluctant to show this.
A schematic will tell things that are not included in your word descriptions. Just like reading a advert what is important is the things that you don't say. There are lots of things that you did not talk about in your description any one of which could have been causing you trouble. They can be seen quite clearly from a proper schematic diagram.

when i say the voltage coming into the amplifier is correct and coming out incorrect.

If you think that is an adequate explanation of anything then you have a lot to learn.

Have you read this about asking for help?
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Schematic that i linked too earlier as well.