PWM to 0-10V

Hello!
I have read several threads about this, but I don't fully understand any of them..
Can I convert Arduino PWM to 0-10V with only using this device https://opencircuit.shop/Product/PWM-to-Analog-0-10V-Converter-Module ?

Use analogWrite(x); where x is a value 0 - 255, 0 being 0 volts, 128 being 5V and 255 being 10V, or
analogWrite(x*25.5); where x is the voltage required.

missdrew:
Use analogWrite(x); where x is a value 0 - 255, 0 being 0 volts, 128 being 5V and 255 being 10V, or
analogWrite(x*25.5); where x is the voltage required.

So I only need the component i linked? Not rc filters or op amps?

Correct! Other than a 12V - 30V Psu.

Will this also work? VMA409: L298N DUAL BRIDGE DC & STEPPER MOTOR CONTROLLER BOARD – Velleman – Wholesaler and developer of electronics

Will this also work?

Yes, it will work. But might not for the task you have not told us about.

haha, my bad!
I want to control a 0-10vDC valve

not PWM, is wire, but is 12bit.
https://store.ncd.io/product/1-channel-0-10v-dac-digital-analog-converter-i²c/

used the above board to control a number of VFD with sweet results.

missdrew:
Correct! Other than a 12V - 30V Psu.

I see that the converter uses 1-3KHZ, but my arduino uno can give 980hz.
How do I fix this?

980Hz is 1kHz, to within a reasonable aproximation. However if it is fussy there are PWM libraries
that allow changing the Arduino PWM frequency.

I found several basically the same design. They state 1Khz minimum PWM frequency. The Arduino outputs I believe 960 on two of the pins by default. I think the worse thing is you will get a little ripple in the output. If it is a problem you can add some capacitance to the output or change the PWM frequency.

MarkT:
980Hz is 1kHz, to within a reasonable aproximation. However if it is fussy there are PWM libraries
that allow changing the Arduino PWM frequency.

Ok, could you show me?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.