Re: Library Problems (Resolved)

I am trying to make my own library files for my projects. But after reading some books on the topic I have managed to come out more confused than ever. Do I need a third party compiler to make the Header files and Library files or, can I do this in Arduino software?

Gates: Do I need a third party compiler to make the Header files and Library files or...

No. You just need a text editor. I prefer Visual Studio.

...can I do this in Arduino software?

You can build but not edit.

I start with a multi-tab project. That allows you to do everything in the Arduion IDE. Once the code is relatively bug-free, I then move the appropriate files to the library directory.

Thank you for assisting me in understanding a little more now. However if you look at this link you might see how I got confused about this topic in the first place. http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/LibraryTutorial

If you go to the bottom of the tutorial and open the Morse.zip file. This is how I got confused about it in the first place. I will read over the tutorial more carefully again and try to get this tutorial to work for me.

I have installed Visual Studio Express to get my FileName.h and FileName.cpp. My fingers are crossed to see if it works now.

I prefer Visual Studio.