Remote controlled door lock

Hello!
I am doing a project where I want to be able to lock/unlock an Actuonix arm with my Arduino.
I am using a RF M4 Receiver (315MHz) and a (315MHz) Wireless 4-channel RF Remote to control it.
I am very new to this and I need some help.
I have come very far in my project and all I need to do now is to wire the breadboard correctly, I already have the code installed and every part needed. I just need someone to help me wire it, since I am very new and unsure if I’ll ruin it…

My project is inspired by and very similar to this build:

Thanks in advance, Will :slight_smile:

Your picture gives very little information

How much current does the arm take to operate ?
Do you have a relay or other device to provide the interface between the Arduino and the arm ?
How is the project powered ?

The arm requires 6V and I am using a standard 9V battery to power everything.
I do not have a relay, because I am very new and don't know a lot about this stuff haha. But from the video link I referred to, I believe this is everything needed for it to work?

The arm requires 6V and I am using a standard 9V battery to power everything.

If the 9V battery is what I know as a PP3 (2 terminals on the top) is only suitable to power things like smoke detectors. It cannot provide enough current to power an Arduino for very long, let alone the solenoid.

Now to the solenoid. Is yours the same as that in the video in that it acts a servo ? Can you please provide a link to where you bought it ?

The next problem is how will the Arduino provide sufficient current to operate the solenoid ? The answer is that on it's own it can't, or at least not safely. You will need to wire the solenoid (assuming that it is actually a servo) directly to the external supply.

OK, I watched the video and have to agree with the above comments. What I fail to understand is why even use an Arduino? Nothing really said about what the uC is doing.

The receiver has 4 channels and I have a few of similar laying around here. All you are doing is energizing a linear door lock mechanism. Simplest form I only need two channels, Open and Close. I see no need for an Arduino? So what is the plan for the Arduino? What purpose does it serve?

Ron

I suspect that the actuator behaves like an RC servo, hence the use of an Arduino to drive it bu await confirmation from the OP

Okay, thank you for your responses.
I literally don't know anything about this stuff, so excuse me for my lack of understanding...
But what I do know is that this should work, because it worked for the guy in the video I linked.
It seems to me that the only problem right now is to wire the breadboard correctly?
You guys obviously understand this more than me but why did it work for the guy in the video then? I am pretty much using the exact things he is.

wilfons:
Okay, thank you for your responses.
I literally don't know anything about this stuff, so excuse me for my lack of understanding...
But what I do know is that this should work, because it worked for the guy in the video I linked.
It seems to me that the only problem right now is to wire the breadboard correctly?
You guys obviously understand this more than me but why did it work for the guy in the video then? I am pretty much using the exact things he is.

What I am saying is it is overkill using a uC for a project like this. Will it work? Yes, but again why use a micro-controller when a simple inexpensive remote with a key fob would do just fine? That was my only point. If you want to build this or similar using an Arduino I am sure any number of nice people here will be happy to help you.

Ron