Serial print saving data (*.txt) on PC

Hi,

I've been searching today on internet how to save serial monitor data on a *.txt file directly on PC,
I saw some tutorials and people use different kind of programs to read the serial monitor then
save the data or using processing to save data on *.txt file but what i actually need is to save
data (printf's) directly to a *.txt without any kind of outside help, only code.

Do you know any kind of way to do that?

what i actually need is to save data (printf's) directly to a *.txt without any kind of outside help, only code.

If you mean "only code running on the Arduino", you can forget it. The Arduino can NOT make a PC save data to a file. Of any kind.

The Arduino can write data to the serial port. There MUST be an application running on the PC that listens to the serial port and does what you want it to do with the data.

There are other serial monitor type application, such as hyperterminal, that can save the incoming serial data to a file as well as displaying it.

The Arduino can write data to the serial port. There MUST be an application running on the PC that listens to the serial port and does what you want it to do with the data.

Interesting how a "arduino" can create and save data on a sc card but can't on pc.
Well looks like i need a sc card :smiley:

Interesting how a "arduino" can create and save data on a sc card but can't on pc.

The Arduino can ONLY do that when the SD card reader/writer is DIRECTLY attached to the Arduino. Put the SD card in the PC, and expect the Arduino to write to it, and you are guaranteed to fail.

The Arduino can ONLY do that when the SD card reader/writer is DIRECTLY attached to the Arduino. Put the SD card in the PC, and expect the Arduino to write to it, and you are guaranteed to fail.

Yea, i agree, I just remember i done it once with arduino but probably was on sd card. I've seed some people
and me using sd card module to program them with arduino but lately I've seen a person connecting directly
a sd card with atmega chip, do you know anything about it?