Share tips you have come across

Here is the other half:

Rapid80:
Is it just me, or are his joints not really wetting?

Yes, ignore his poor soldering. It's the technique that I thought was interesting.

Dump the thumb tacks.
Only thing I hang on mine apart from a few pics and cards is the fly swatter, which is gathering dust since I put Arduino controlled auto fans up.

Ya thumb tacks aren't the best because they can fall out, but it makes the smallest footprint and it helps me stay a little organised.

Used the idea much earlier in this thrread for making breadboard-friendly "modules". I made this 4-digit 7-seg. Ran out of jumper wires so I had to use bus wire for the ground. (And I found out that the cheap Chinese "24 gauge" jumper wires are more like 26 or 28 gauge.

More on syringe storage:

If the paste prevents the tape from sealing, don’t squeeze any paste into the fold.

BTW

A 1mm syringe by itself (without the dispenser tool attachment) works well also.

A microscope makes the ‘non-stencil’ solder paste process soooo much easier.

I don't think this tips will explode and go wiral, but with this part in a Norwegian store cold "Biltema" i found this thing. Finally i have som order in my Jumper Wires :slight_smile:

You can make durable jumper cables for your solderless breadboard by using heat shrink instead of a Dupont housing.

The heat shrink acts as a strain relief.

Clear heat shrink lets you see the condition of the M/F connector.

C.jpg

DIY Manual SMD Vacuum Pick And Place Tool

~ $30.00 CDN

larryd:
You can make durable jumper cables for your solderless breadboard by using heat shrink instead of a Dupont housing.

And they fit into a cramped breadboard better than the bulky DuPont connectors. My favorite manufactured jumpers are just like that.

Hot air does not always work for removing high mass SMD I.C.s.

In these situations, cutting the leads is an effective way of removing a faulty chip.

I find the 'Olfa AK-4' handle with an 'Olfa 9166 KB4-F/5 Chisel Blade' works best to cut the leads.

All you need to do is push down with the blade on the lead, it cuts very easily.

A.jpg

A.jpg

F.jpg

Lately, I have been using a 1 ml Borosilicate glass syringe for depositing solder paste to PCB pads.

I fill these to the .4 ml point.

The smaller shape makes it easier to control where the paste goes, and it seems to give better flow control.

The syringe’s shorter length and screwable plunger make for easy storage.

The plunger’s 4 rubber seals are much better than the 2 on plastic syringes.

These glass syringes will be my go to for hand solder paste application.

My thumb joint hurts less too. :wink:

These syringes can be found on Amazon and Ebay for about $15 for ten.

I often remove the rubber bulb from an eye dropper and attach a syringe in its place.

The nice thing about using a syringe is you can ‘accurately’ draw up the needed amount of fluid for the job.

The same syringe can be attached to a serological pipette and used in a similar manner.

When gluing plastics it can be frustrating drawing DCM (methylene chloride) into the dropper.

Adding a valve port hole in the syringe makes this job easier.

See the images below for the modification:

Melt a hole in the barrel end of the plastic syringe; this acts as a control valve.

Placing a finger over the hole and pulling the plunger draws fluid.

Removing your finger releases the vacuum and releases the fluid.

A piece of Scotch tape returns the syringe to normal operation.

Insert a glass bead in the syringe barrel to prevent the rubber piston’s seal from being damaged by the air hole.

Cover box for arduino (IoT) with EU plug

Hi, I would like to ask you if you know about any socket (EU 220V) and box where can fit there voltage changer 220/3.3-5V include arduino (nano or smaller).
Generally I am looking for case which have connector to wall socket and inside that box I can put my arduino stuff.
Something like this: but without front socket (or even without usb plug).
It can already contains step-down or trafo from 220V to 3.3/5V (it will make life even more easier :smiley: )

or

Do you have any recommendation (even ebay, amazon ci aliexpress)
Thank you.

Hi.

How about this product range (click !) ?

It will set you back 15 euros or something in that range.

Micro glue tips can really help when you want to apply small amounts of CA and other glues in your project enclosures.

These are resistant to the DCM solvent also.

Good for adding small amounts of oil to mechanical parts.

Insert a 26/24 gauge wire in the tube if you need further flow restriction.

These are available on Amazon and eBay at reasonable prices, about $20 for 100 or more.

Have not tried but these might be okay for solder paste application too.

For the 12th time I will try to get this new post made.

A good flux applicator and bottle, images to follow.

larryd:
For the 12th time I will try to get this new post made.

Lay off the alcohol :smiley:

“ Lay off the alcohol :D”

Helps get you thru the frustration from ‘Coudflare’.

Finally the Arduino web site is properly working again !

Here are the images for post #797