UNO R2 CAD files (.brd .sch)

Hi everyone,

My UNO R2 is broken and i want to attempt a repair myself. I need the .sch and .brd files.

I see that the website has an extensive collection of Hardware info, including "retired boards".

For some reason the UNO R2 board is not to be found anywhere, even in the retired boards section?
I find this very strange and annoying given the DIY, open source nature of Arduino.

My goal is to load the files in this website and the R3 zip file works perfectly.

I'm aware of this topic where you can find the R2 files but for some reason they don't seem official or compatible with the Altium website.

Looking for any pointer.

Thank You

The older boards used Eagle, so you will need to use Eagle (now part of Fusion 360), or other software capable of viewing Eagle files (perhaps KiCad).

EAGLE changed the format of their files “somewhat recently.” (The means, since the Uno design time.)
It’s possible that programs like Altium that are able to import the new format EAGLE files would be unable to import the older format.

I’ll check whether they can be update when I’m on a real computer…

@alex250491 , the files in the zip in post #5 of the topic you linked to open for me in Eagle 7.7.0. (the last version of Eagle with a free edition if I recall). The design is for the DIL variant of the 328P Arduino UNO.

Which variant of the UNO do you have? Is it the SMD variant? I assume that as you are referring to the Arduino website, that it is a genuine Arduino UNO board and not one of the clones that you are wanting the design files for?

I've confirmed that the design files in the other post ARE the old file format.
Here they are, converted to the EAGLE7 format; it seems to be interpreted by the Altium web site OK.
Uno-Rev2-Eagle7.zip (132.4 KB)

Thank You everyone, i think @westfw post solves the issue. :+1: