Stepper driver Arduino nano shield for two 5v motors

I am developing a small collision avoidance/line following robot for education at primary school.
Currently the robot is propelled by two modified small Tower Pro SG90 servos.
Because it is had to keep the two servos calibrated to run at the same speed, i am thinking of switching to stepper motors.

I already have a Mirobot using the same steppers i want, so it should work ok because the size and weight of the robots are similar.

The robot is using an Arduino nano. Due the lack of space i prefer to use a shield with two stepper motor drivers. Till now i have not been able to find such a shield. The smallest driver i have been able to find is the Polulu A4988. But still prefer a shield if there is such one.

So my question is; Is there a Arduino Nano shield with two 5v stepper motor drivers ?

Since you say "5v motors" but don't provide a link to the motor datasheet I suspect you mean the small 28BYJxx stepper motors. And they cannot be controlled with an A4988. The normal driver for them is a ULN2003 IIRC.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

macpeterr:
Is there a Arduino Nano shield with two 5v stepper motor drivers ?

I didn't even know there were any Nano shields.

kenwood120s:
I didn't even know there were any Nano shields.

There are not many, but some
https://opencircuit.nl/Product/11183/Arduino-Nano-kroonsteen-shield-DIY

macpeterr:
There are not many, but some

We live and learn!

But that particular one's just a means of bringing the wires out to terminals; are there any "real" ones with functionality those for the Uno/Mega form?

Robin2:
I suspect you mean the small 28BYJxx stepper motors.

You suspicion was right. Still looking for a stepper motor which has more or less the same sizes of the SG90 servo, but think there are none. So will order some 28BYJ steppers with the ULN2003 driver board.

Which stepper motors are suitable for the pololu A4988 ? Larger steppers ?

kenwood120s:
But that particular one's just a means of bringing the wires out to terminals; are there any "real" ones with functionality those for the Uno/Mega form?

Like an ethernet shield? Nano V3 Ethernet Shield ENC28J60 Microchip HR911105A Ethernet Webserver Board Module voor Arduino Nano 3.0|nano v3|ethernet shieldmodule board - AliExpress

macpeterr:
Which stepper motors are suitable for the pololu A4988 ? Larger steppers ?

I think I covered that in the link I gave you.

The 28BYJ is a unipolar stepper with 5 wires. The A4988 driver is for a bipolar motor with 4 wires.

Note, also, that 6-wire stepper motors can usually be used as either unipolar or bipolar.

...R

It seems that you can use the pololu with the 28byj-xx.

http://controlonline.net/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=public:motors_electrics:motor_pas_a_pas:28byj-48_amb_drv8825.pdf

I will give it a shot