Stepper motors not responding

To be honest I don't know how to help you.

You ignore things that I post that attempt to help. Like the pin mapping image that shows how the Uno pins connect through the CNC shield.

You ignore questions. Like why are you using a CNC shield? Or any response when I ask for clarifications.

I would like to see a clear schematic of your wiring. I would like to see the code that you are using for testing.

I understand what you said. Now I am not using Cnc Shield.
I have set the pins in the same way as shown in the picture with the driver.
The driver I am using is TB6600 (dc 9-42vcd)
I have put Pul+,Dir+,ena+ in pin no 2,3 and 8 And for controller I am using candle control but the motor is still not running
I'm using candle control for testing

What is "candle control"?
Please post a proper schematic, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?
Hand drawn and photographed is perfectly acceptable.
Please include ALL hardware, power supplies, component names and pin labels.

Do you have a DMM? Digital MultiMeter!

Please post your code.
To add code please click this link;

Thanks.. Tom... :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:
PS, Is English your native language?

till now i was using CNC


shield But in this forum it told me that I can directly connect the arduino and motor driver through pins.My wiring is something like this
Yes I have DMM
Hardwares Arduino Uno r3, tb6600 motor drivers,nema23 stepper motor 7.2 kg torque, 12v power supply


Hi,
Can you post a link to specs/data of your stepper motor?

What current have you set the 6600 to?

Thanks.. Tom.. :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

I have set this ( for Amp on,on,off and for steps 1.8 on on off )

Do I need to install any libraries for motor driver?

Hi,
Have you identified which wires are which on the stepper with your DMM?

What code are you using to test the stepper/driver combination?

Thanks.. Tom.. :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

Yes, I have checked the stepper motors wires properly (Red, Blue is 1st coil and Green, Black is 2nd coil) red or blue wire putting in B- and B+ slot and green or black wire putting in A- or A+ slot
I am not using any code to test the motors...I have downloaded the universal gcode sender software and am testing with that
I don't have much knowledge about things like coding etc.This is why I am facing so much trouble please help.

Hi,

Well now is the time, you need to write some code that just tests your driver and stepper.

Forget about the CNC code for a while.

Google;

tb6600 arduino Uno tutorial

This may help.

Now is the time to learn about what your are working with.

Just get your hardware working first, then proceed to develop your project.

Tom... :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

But I don't understand the problem.Can you tell me where the problem might be? Is there any file that needs to be uploaded or the driver is bad or the wiring is not correct. please clarify something...Where do you think the problem lies?

Candle and UGS simply send gcode commands to a motion controller, they can't generate the actual pulses that need to go to the stepper driver. For that you need to load grbl on the Uno and connect the correct IO pins to the drivers. Then Candle or UGS run on a different computer such as a PC with a serial link to the Uno. You should find the grbl wiki and carefully follow the procedure described to configure it.

PLEASE READ POST #30.
Please take my advice and start from basics and look at the tutorial I linked.
It should get your BASIC stepper/driver operating.

Until you can get reliable stepper control, FORGET about your CNC code for the moment.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Tom.. :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee::coffee: :australia:

Yes, thanks Tom And I have seen that video, I think it will help me a lot But one more thing I wanted to tell you that
I have installed Windows 7 version software of Arduino in Windows 10. Could this be the reason why Arduino is not sending signals?

What do you mean?
Why not use the 1.8.19 version.

Will you try using its info and write a test code to get your stepper working.
FORGET your existing code for now.

Tom.. :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :australia:

Arduino board is working fine.
I have used cnc shield to run my motors for which I have used a A4988 driver And the motors are working This shows that the Arduino is sending the signals correctly but when I connect the cnc shield to the TB6600 drivers then motors are not running.
I am working on a 3axis cnc machine so I have used cnc shield in which I have to use the TB6600 driver to run the motors.
Can anyone tell me about the cnc shield and the wiring of the tb6600 drivers

This circuit is wrong for a start, for the 6600.
It should be;


You have not enabled the stepper.

Can you please post your STEPPER TESTING code?
Not your full code, just code to TEST JUST that 6600 and stepper.

You need to read the manuals closer.

Thanks.. Tom... :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

I don't have any testing code, meaning I haven't created it: But I will create codes for testing.Tried changing and checking the wiring but the driver is not running the motors But when I connected the A4988 driver to the cnc shield and also connected the motors to the cnc shield then it started running, why?
I tried the diagram as you gave me TOM but the problem remained the same But it is not that the drivers are bad because I have worked with them.
It's not like I have to connect any jumper wires.Tom please give a solution tahnks
Tom


Should I not install this library?

tb6600 drivers not working with cnc shield Is there any way to check the TB6600 driver whether it is working or not?

I tried changing the wiring but something new happened.
Do any jumper wires need to be used?

Connect it to your controller, forget all the other hardware, just connect the 6600 to the controller like in your diagram and run a test code.


What power are you applying the Vcc-Gnd connection?

Tom../ :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :australia: